MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SSL interview? sana.banana Volunteering Opportunities 1 02-10-2011 08:21 PM
Going for an interview? Read these! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 6 04-21-2010 09:26 PM
Hydro one interview athmi100 Volunteering Opportunities 16 04-12-2010 10:26 AM
Welcome Week Rep- interview mcmastergcdb General Discussion 32 03-18-2010 04:26 PM
coop interview precious Academics 8 03-16-2010 12:36 AM

Co-op Interview

Old 03-22-2011 at 02:28 PM   #16
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Wow never seen a thread with out any trolls so far

must be first

btw Always be confident in what you answer dont panic and never say I dont know

Good luck
Old 03-22-2011 at 02:46 PM   #17
marcie

Liked: 119 Times

I have my co-op interview this Friday. I'm kind of nervous but the advice posted here was very helpful.

Let us know how your interview goes!
Old 03-22-2011 at 04:05 PM   #18
Lizliz

Liked: 15 Times

I just had my interview and everything that was discussed here was pretty much what was asked. She did, however, ask me what I would do if I didn't get accepted into co-op which makes me a little nervous. Is this a typical question?
Old 03-22-2011 at 04:09 PM   #19
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
Wow never seen a thread with out any trolls so far

must be first

btw Always be confident in what you answer dont panic and never say I dont know

Good luck
You are *not* a troll. You are more akin to a punching bag, or a joke that everyone's tired of but keeps hearing.

Good luck for Coop everyone!
Old 03-22-2011 at 04:29 PM   #20
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Make sure to post back here if you had your interview so others can benefit... unless you think thats somehow helping the competition...:byebye :
Old 03-25-2011 at 10:28 PM   #21
Mingy

Liked: 1 Time

I had my coop interview today with Michelle Benjamin and another Professor for Molecular Biology and Genetics. Does anyone know the name of the Professor at the interview? I was introduced to him but was too nervous and didn't remember his name. I'm thinking it is either Dr. Andre Bedard or Dr. Roger Jacobs.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-25-2011 at 10:37 PM   #22
pinkfish

Liked: 0 Times

Also be prepared to explain your marks as well.
Good luck everyone
Old 03-25-2011 at 11:08 PM   #23
marcie

Liked: 119 Times

@ Mingy: I had the interview for Mol Bio today as well. I was only interviewed by Michelle Benjamin, no other profs were there. If I could help you out I would, lol

I was asked the exact same questions that djRAIN listed, plus "What are your plans for the summer" (she jotted down some of the work positions I've applied to and asked if I'd followed up with the employers) and "If you had to relocate for a job, where would you ideally move"

Good luck to those who still have their interview

Last edited by marcie : 03-25-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-25-2011 at 11:31 PM   #24
Mingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcie View Post
@ Mingy: I had the interview for Mol Bio today as well. I was only interviewed by Michelle Benjamin, no other profs were there. If I could help you out I would, lol

I was asked the exact same questions that djRAIN listed, plus "What are your plans for the summer" (she jotted down some of the work positions I've applied to and asked if I'd followed up with the employers) and "If you had to relocate for a job, where would you ideally move"

Good luck to those who still have their interview
You're so lucky! I walked in there and was so surprised to see another person in the room. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post marcie! =)
Old 03-25-2011 at 11:49 PM   #25
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingy View Post
I had my coop interview today with Michelle Benjamin and another Professor for Molecular Biology and Genetics. Does anyone know the name of the Professor at the interview? I was introduced to him but was too nervous and didn't remember his name. I'm thinking it is either Dr. Andre Bedard or Dr. Roger Jacobs.

Thanks in advance!
Maybe you can tell through the pictures ?
Here's Dr. Bedard: http://www.biology.mcmaster. ca/fac...ard/bedard.htm
Dr Jacobs: http://www.biology.mcmaster. ca/fac...obs/jacobs.htm
unless it's neither..?

Last edited by ~*Sara*~ : 03-25-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-26-2011 at 02:47 AM   #26
Mingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Maybe you can tell through the pictures ?
Here's Dr. Bedard: http://www.biology.mcmaster. ca/fac...ard/bedard.htm
Dr Jacobs: http://www.biology.mcmaster. ca/fac...obs/jacobs.htm
unless it's neither..?
Yeah I took a look at these pictures earlier and I still wasn't quite sure. I'm leaning towards it being Dr. Bedard right now because Michelle had said his name in the beginning of the interview and I don't think I caught it right. According to what I know in psychology, I think I'm more likely not to remember the name Dr. Andre Bedard than Dr. Roger Jacobs because Roger and Jacobs are quite common names. Thanks for your help Sara!

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 03-27-2011 at 04:29 PM   #27
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Yeah I took a look at these pictures earlier and I still wasn't quite sure. I'm leaning towards it being Dr. Bedard right now because Michelle had said his name in the beginning of the interview and I don't think I caught it right. According to what I know in psychology, I think I'm more likely not to remember the name Dr. Andre Bedard than Dr. Roger Jacobs because Roger and Jacobs are quite common names. Thanks for your help Sara!
Bedard doesn't look like that anymore, he's got his hair cut. Did he talk with a French accent?
Old 03-27-2011 at 04:47 PM   #28
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
No problem! Now you're making me wish I took psych this year . Ohh, or maybe it was Dr. Finan, since he's the head of Mol Bio & Genetics (Co-op)..?
PS- Out of curiosity, did you live in Moulton last year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Bedard doesn't look like that anymore, he's got his hair cut. Did he talk with a French accent?
Yeah I know what you mean, these pictures are SO old -_-.
Old 03-29-2011 at 03:44 PM   #29
EFRT Please

Liked: 0 Times

I noticed that some people were interviewed by a professor(s) and Michelle Benjamin, and others were interviewed just by Michelle, like myself. I was wondering if this meant anything? I was interviewed for Mol Bio last week and my interview literally lasted 5-7 minutes...and I don't know what to make of it. Is this a disadvantage in anyway to only be interviewed by Michelle?

I've been mulling over this for the past couple of days and would really like to know if anyone from any co-op program was interviewed just by Michelle and got accepted into co-op.

Any help would be appreciated...and possibly ease my worrying!
Old 03-29-2011 at 04:21 PM   #30
Mingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
No problem! Now you're making me wish I took psych this year . Ohh, or maybe it was Dr. Finan, since he's the head of Mol Bio & Genetics (Co-op)..?
PS- Out of curiosity, did you live in Moulton last year?

Yeah I know what you mean, these pictures are SO old -_-.
Yeah I did ive in moulton last year! 4th floor =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Yeah I think he did kind of had an accent. Yeah I think the prof looks like him if I imagined the person in the picture with a haircut XD
thanks =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFRT Please View Post
I noticed that some people were interviewed by a professor(s) and Michelle Benjamin, and others were interviewed just by Michelle, like myself. I was wondering if this meant anything? I was interviewed for Mol Bio last week and my interview literally lasted 5-7 minutes...and I don't know what to make of it. Is this a disadvantage in anyway to only be interviewed by Michelle?

I've been mulling over this for the past couple of days and would really like to know if anyone from any co-op program was interviewed just by Michelle and got accepted into co-op.

Any help would be appreciated...and possibly ease my worrying!
I don't think it's anything to worry about. I had my interview near 2 ish so maybe he just had time and wanted to drop by on some applicants.

Last edited by Mingy : 03-29-2011 at 04:29 PM.