MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Course Trade- The Modern Caribbean Dave12 Academics 0 07-23-2010 09:13 PM
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Event!!! kevinf Gaming 0 11-18-2009 06:55 PM
Thtr + Flm 3AA3 - Modern European Drama??? micadjems Academics 3 07-08-2009 08:38 AM

COD: Modern Warfare 2

Old 11-14-2009 at 10:18 AM   #1
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

COD: Modern Warfare 2
I just got my reserved copy of it yesterday, and this is by the far the most awesome game EVER. I’ve been playing 8 hours non stop!

Did anyone else get it?

I thought I’d mention I have 2 assignments and a test next week. I haven’t started the assignments or studied for the test. ACADEMIC SUICIDE! Haha. I also have 2 tickets to the Leafs vs. Flames game tonight, and I’m thinking of ditching the game to play some more! :p

aya017, Kevin S, Matthew K like this.
Old 11-14-2009 at 10:21 AM   #2
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times

OMG, I want that game sooooo bad. I think it’s sold out everywhere though! I know a few people that haven't stopped playing it since release. This game must be awesome.

PS: I’ll take those Leafs tickets off your hands haha. I have nothing better to do on a Saturday night. Might as well, watch the Leafs get owned. :p

Last edited by Matthew K : 11-14-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-14-2009 at 11:26 AM   #3
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I know very little about COD and hockey games, but DO NOT skip a hockey game for a video game. You can play Call of Duty later, but you can't go to that Leafs game later!
Old 11-14-2009 at 12:30 PM   #4
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I know very little about COD and hockey games, but DO NOT skip a hockey game for a video game. You can play Call of Duty later, but you can't go to that Leafs game later!
I think playing COD would be more worth your time than watching the Flames play a Junior C hockey team.

aya017, Deegs14, Matthew K like this.
Old 11-14-2009 at 12:41 PM   #5
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

ill take those tickets off your hands, and you can play COD all you want.
Old 11-14-2009 at 12:43 PM   #6
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

All I can say is getting a Predator Missile or Chopper Gunner during a killstreak is the best thing ever to happen in a video game lol!
Old 11-14-2009 at 12:48 PM   #7
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

I have the game as well, I did no homework this week :/
The game is amazing, though I have been killed by those stupid care packages 2 times already!!!
The campaign was amazing as well. Lots of jaw dropping moments in it.
Old 11-14-2009 at 01:35 PM   #8
Serps

Liked: 2 Times

Most customers rate the game 3/10 because they say that the multiplayer lags a lot and there are no dedicated serves. Plus, they say that the campaign is very short and not that exciting.

Is it worth downloading 11GB?
Old 11-14-2009 at 01:45 PM   #9
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serps View Post
Most customers rate the game 3/10 because they say that the multiplayer lags a lot and there are no dedicated serves. Plus, they say that the campaign is very short and not that exciting.

Is it worth downloading 11GB?
Not on PC, the PC version feels like a stripped down CoD4. It's an amazing console game though.
Old 11-14-2009 at 03:03 PM   #10
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
I just got my reserved copy of it yesterday, and this is by the far the most awesome game EVER. I’ve been playing 8 hours non stop!

Did anyone else get it?

I thought I’d mention I have 2 assignments and a test next week. I haven’t started the assignments or studied for the test. ACADEMIC SUICIDE! Haha. I also have 2 tickets to the Leafs vs. Flames game tonight, and I’m thinking of ditching the game to play some more! :p
Haha, that's awesome. I'm trying my best to wait it out till exams are over to get it. Only 4 more weeks!!! :p I'm watching Youtube videos in the meantime.

Btw, I'd also be happy to take those tickets off your hands lol. But, I doubt that you're going ditch the game...Who wouldn't want to watch a Leafs vs. Flames game live?
Old 11-14-2009 at 03:22 PM   #11
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Not on PC, the PC version feels like a stripped down CoD4. It's an amazing console game though.
Yeah, the PC version is very stripped down. No Dedicated servers, no modding, etc. The incentive to buying it on the PC was so that you could enjoy these custom games with new features. If you're buying it for the PC, it depends really on what you play more. If you played on Modded servers, don't buy it. If you want it for the campaign and MM, buy it.
Old 11-14-2009 at 04:47 PM   #12
cowpuppy

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Console shooters fail.

Taunton likes this.
Old 11-14-2009 at 05:53 PM   #13
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

OMG, i played the entire day yesterday lmao, Im already at rank 30 and i just got it yesterday!

Haha, if you have xbox:

Gamertag - Z 4 N G 0
Old 11-14-2009 at 06:52 PM   #14
webzn

Liked: 17 Times

I'm not really into these types of games, but my brother is. He showed me the game today. Most of it is identical to typical shooter games.

[spoiler]HOWEVER, this is this one VERY disturbing mission where you have to join with the terrorists and you enter an airport. After you get off the elevator, there are large crowds of people waiting in lines for planes and such, and you basically have to go and massacre them. The worst thing is, if they don't die, the people try to help the other people who are dieing, and you have to go and kill them. Not really a good thing to get people into.[/spoiler]

All that kept going through my head was stuff from violence learning in my social psychology class. lol

Last edited by webzn : 11-14-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-14-2009 at 07:14 PM   #15
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Yeah got it a few days before release and actually played through the whole campaign in one sitting. Way better than the first imo. Gonna hold off on the xbox live until exams are over.