MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Course Trade- The Modern Caribbean Dave12 Academics 0 07-23-2010 09:13 PM
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Event!!! kevinf Gaming 0 11-18-2009 06:55 PM
Thtr + Flm 3AA3 - Modern European Drama??? micadjems Academics 3 07-08-2009 08:38 AM

COD: Modern Warfare 2

Old 11-14-2009 at 07:18 PM   #16
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by webzn View Post
HOWEVER, this is this one VERY disturbing mission where you have to join with the terrorists and you enter an airport. After you get off the elevator, there are large crowds of people waiting in lines for planes and such, and you basically have to go and massacre them.
Wow huge spoiler alert and you can skip that mission if you want. They give you an option at the beginning of the game.

Old 11-14-2009 at 09:20 PM   #17
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Can't believe you bought it before exams! :p
Old 11-14-2009 at 09:56 PM   #18
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
I just got my reserved copy of it yesterday, and this is by the far the most awesome game EVER. I’ve been playing 8 hours non stop!

Did anyone else get it?

I thought I’d mention I have 2 assignments and a test next week. I haven’t started the assignments or studied for the test. ACADEMIC SUICIDE! Haha. I also have 2 tickets to the Leafs vs. Flames game tonight, and I’m thinking of ditching the game to play some more! :p
My brother got it. I had to stand in line with him for 2 hours so that he could get it :|

Anyways, he has pretty much been playing nonstop since Monday. Last night, I woke up at 4 am because there were noises coming from his room. I went to go check on him and found him sitting in the dark, wearing the night goggles and playing COD. I’m guessing the game is really good....

Equinox, Kevin S, Taunton like this.
Old 11-14-2009 at 10:14 PM   #19
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

enjoy your less than 6hr single player campaign and mediocre multiplayer which is not up to par with cod4
Old 11-14-2009 at 11:28 PM   #20
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
enjoy your less than 6hr single player campaign and mediocre multiplayer which is not up to par with cod4
Actually, the single player is about as long as CoD4 and the multiplayer is a general improvement. The only place the game is worse is on PC. This is the game every console CoD4 fan has been waiting for.

PS
Considering no one really games on PC anymore, I doubt anybody really cares that the PC version multiplayer sucks...
Old 11-14-2009 at 11:48 PM   #21
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Considering no one really games on PC anymore, I doubt anybody really cares that the PC version multiplayer sucks...
1/10, made me rage a little

also "multiplayer is a general improvement", pic related (applies somewhat to consoles too):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MW2PC.jpg (57.5 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by FireDragoonX : 11-15-2009 at 12:14 AM.

Taunton likes this.
Old 11-15-2009 at 12:23 AM   #22
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
PS
http://www.pcgamingalliance. org/im...tentI D=15911
http://www.pcgamingalliance. org/im...t entID=15557

Probably a source with vested interest; but they do use actual market data!

Console gaming might be attracting more new gamers because of the huge variety of games; but for the old timers PC still is THE place for gaming; true connoisseurs of gaming will NEVER switch to a console; as someone above me said: FPS with a console is a massive fail, I would love it if developers open up PC VS Console servers to see the huge gulf in class between console N00bs and the PC old timers! Mouse+Keyboard> Gamepad for FPS.

Plus despite the higher costs modern PC hardware will always destroy PS3/Xbox.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

DannyV, Taunton all say thanks to huzaifa47 for this post.

Commander, Serps, Taunton like this.
Old 11-15-2009 at 01:00 AM   #23
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
1/10, made me rage a little

also "multiplayer is a general improvement", pic related (applies somewhat to consoles too):
I've seen that pic and multiple variations on it, the only thing that applies to consoles at all there is the loss of lean. Again, only the PC version got screwed, but I really don't wanna get into this argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
http://www.pcgamingalliance. org/im...tentI D=15911
http://www.pcgamingalliance. org/im...t entID=15557

Probably a source with vested interest; but they do use actual market data!

Console gaming might be attracting more new gamers because of the huge variety of games; but for the old timers PC still is THE place for gaming; true connoisseurs of gaming will NEVER switch to a console; as someone above me said: FPS with a console is a massive fail, I would love it if developers open up PC VS Console servers to see the huge gulf in class between console N00bs and the PC old timers! Mouse+Keyboard> Gamepad for FPS.

Plus despite the higher costs modern PC hardware will always destroy PS3/Xbox.
I don't disagree with the numbers, but you have to take them in context. That 11 Billion is including things like Bejeweled, WoW, and Peggle which sell like hotcakes on PC. The PC is lagging behind consoles in terms of higher end games.

I've seen quite a few old timers switch to consoles, people tend to go where the players are. That huge gulf in class you're speaking about isn't as much as it seems.

I've played UT3 competitively on console and played it on PC, I could curbstomp average PC players with a controller and keep up with decent ones. The only people that were better than pro console players on PC were the pro PC players, the majority of PC players wouldn't have been able to keep up with the better console players. I had a friend saying the exact same thing as you last year and I went out of my way to play him in UT3 on PC using a controller and won by a large margin. A mouse is better for FPS, but it's not gonna make you a much better player, good players are good regardless of situation.

Yes, Gaming PCs outdo consoles, but sales would show that most people don't seem to care; get with the times.
Old 11-15-2009 at 02:30 AM   #24
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

lol this game is such a distraction from life...My housemate got it and it's been crazy at the house ever since. Not to mention the fact that it was already pretty bad before with Fifa 10, Madden 10 and Halo 3. I don't think anyone's going to get any studying done now lol
Old 11-15-2009 at 03:11 AM   #25
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:

I don't disagree with the numbers, but you have to take them in context. That 11 Billion is including things like Bejeweled, WoW, and Peggle which sell like hotcakes on PC. The PC is lagging behind consoles in terms of higher end games.
I DO agree with you on that! We don't get the same quality/number of games for PC. Normally games are made for consoles first and then badly ported to PC. And it usually takes upto over a year to get them over; If I had that kind of money I would have splurged on a console just to be able to play the new GTA game(then obviously ditch it when it came out on the PC)!

Having said that despite that I will still stick with a PC just like a number of the old timers! Consoles are just a No-No!

Secondly I'm not sure which direction the gaming market will go as far as the serious gamers are concerned; because of the high costs the consoles can only get a new version out after a certain time period. Computers on the other hand are getting more advanced and cheaper by the day; It won't be all that long when high end effect based games like Crysis, Far Cry 2, Cyrostasis, Killzone 2, GOF 2, Bioshock become more common for Pc users; consoles render these not all that bad but never at the same level as a well equipped pc rig.

On the other hand I only see MMORPG's becoming more popular if we find ways to better handle high traffic loads and make them more realistic.

A well done SIMS MMORPG would kill society as we know it!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 11-15-2009 at 06:15 AM   #26
zombiejesus

Liked: 80 Times

Call of Duty is ruining my life and the lives of my room mates. Not to sound cocky, but I'm probably the best player I've ever seen... I'm so good that I rarely even use guns now and often lead team games with just the riot shield and throwing knives...

It's actually a brutally effective strategy btw, when an enemy encounters a riot shielded player they usually stop and attempt to aim at your feet, which gives you plenty of time to place a knife between their eyes, which is thrown instantaneously in opposed to taking out your gun, giving you a massive advantage once you can throw accurately. In combination with the scavenger perk, you can quickly recover the knife and deal with several enemies in quick succession. Combine this with two guys a few metres behind you to watch your flanks and you are a pretty effective fighting force. The only thing to look out for is gernades/gernade launchers, as you need to be able to move quickly to place it in front of your shield or to take the gernade launcher shot in the middle of the shield.

Also, the thermal scope is extremely effective on the large grassy flat map on the accurate assault rifles like the FAL and the M16... but make sure you watch what perks your enemies are using during their killcams. If you see them start to use the coldblooded perk, make sure you switch to a non-thermal scope for a few lives to keep them guessing.

Lastly, get familiar with the sniping positions on every map, but not so you can snipe! Once you unlock the Javelin missle, it enables you to launch a predator-style missile at a target from any point on the map, so long as you have direct line of sight for the few seconds necessary to laser the target. This can usually give you a kill every life if you can predict the enemy well enough.

A few tips for yall, but I think I'm going to take a break for a few days... wow

Last edited by zombiejesus : 11-15-2009 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-15-2009 at 10:29 AM   #27
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:

Yes, Gaming PCs outdo consoles, but sales would show that most people don't seem to care;
There's a reason for this.

We don't buy them. We build our own.

PC games continue to own console games, and probably will forever.

Commander, DannyV, huzaifa47 like this.
Old 11-15-2009 at 11:31 AM   #28
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiejesus View Post
Call of Duty is ruining my life and the lives of my room mates. Not to sound cocky, but I'm probably the best player I've ever seen... I'm so good that I rarely even use guns now and often lead team games with just the riot shield and throwing knives...

It's actually a brutally effective strategy btw, when an enemy encounters a riot shielded player they usually stop and attempt to aim at your feet, which gives you plenty of time to place a knife between their eyes, which is thrown instantaneously in opposed to taking out your gun, giving you a massive advantage once you can throw accurately. In combination with the scavenger perk, you can quickly recover the knife and deal with several enemies in quick succession. Combine this with two guys a few metres behind you to watch your flanks and you are a pretty effective fighting force. The only thing to look out for is gernades/gernade launchers, as you need to be able to move quickly to place it in front of your shield or to take the gernade launcher shot in the middle of the shield.

Also, the thermal scope is extremely effective on the large grassy flat map on the accurate assault rifles like the FAL and the M16... but make sure you watch what perks your enemies are using during their killcams. If you see them start to use the coldblooded perk, make sure you switch to a non-thermal scope for a few lives to keep them guessing.

Lastly, get familiar with the sniping positions on every map, but not so you can snipe! Once you unlock the Javelin missle, it enables you to launch a predator-style missile at a target from any point on the map, so long as you have direct line of sight for the few seconds necessary to laser the target. This can usually give you a kill every life if you can predict the enemy well enough.

A few tips for yall, but I think I'm going to take a break for a few days... wow
I was using the Riot Shield the other day, and my secondary was the Thumper, don't ask me why :/
But anyways I was pushing this guy out into the open with my Riot Shield, and he was backing away so I could not hit him with it. We were doing this for a while when my buddy saw me doing this and shot the poor guy in the head. Distraction Tactics FTW!
I currently use the M4 and Skidrow is an awesome map for that gun!
Old 11-15-2009 at 12:02 PM   #29
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

Ok, I ended up going to the Leafs game - we got owned 5-2. Time to play some more COD. I promise myself that I will take a week off from COD after today. :p

Last edited by Jake : 11-15-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2009 at 01:02 PM   #30
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

lol i love when people use the riot shield, i always just semtex them haha!

today i used a semtex, stuck a guy with a riot shield, he backed up into his teammate, so i got a double kill, and it was the game winning kill, so i got to watch in slow motion ahaha!