MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When you pick up your osap do you get all the amount including QEII scholarship? memyselfandi Financial Aid 6 08-24-2010 10:53 AM
Signing up for 5 courses, collecting OSAP, Dropping a course...is there a penalty? sinthusized Financial Aid 0 08-19-2010 10:08 PM
Collecting EI as a Student knox Financial Aid 3 08-17-2010 01:18 PM
Do Scholarships and QEII reduce your OSAP? aviaf First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-29-2008 07:54 PM

Collecting OSAP + QEII

Old 08-17-2010 at 08:00 PM   #1
Vaidawg

Liked: 15 Times

Collecting OSAP + QEII
Hey,
Does anyone know how to collect OSAP? Do they send you an email or do you call them/go to the office and they'll give it to you automatically? Also, for QEII it says I can get a maximum of 100$ but the amount "issued" was 0$ - does this show up for everyone or does it mean that it's final that I won't be receiving any cash moneyz? (OSAP dilemma picture attached)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OSAP.JPG (27.2 KB, 16 views)
Old 08-17-2010 at 08:02 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaidawg View Post
Hey,
Does anyone know how to collect OSAP? Do they send you an email or do you call them/go to the office and they'll give it to you automatically? Also, for QEII it says I can get a maximum of 100$ but the amount "issued" was 0$ - does this show up for everyone or does it mean that it's final that I won't be receiving any cash moneyz? (OSAP dilemma picture attached)
The key word is "can", meaning that you "can" also get 0$.

As for OSAP, you go pick it up when school starts. CIBC Hall, 3rd floor of the Student Centre.

Vaidawg says thanks to jhan523 for this post.

Vaidawg likes this.
Old 08-19-2010 at 06:58 AM   #3
gallagaj

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaidawg View Post
Hey,

There is an early release of osap starting augst 25th I believe. On the mcmaster website go to the student financial aid page and it will tell you the exact room and times. As well, you need to make sure that you bring all the required Id or they will not give u your osap. (Student ID card, government issued photo id, social insurance card, and your banking information). It is very important you bring banking information as that is how you receive your osap. The day you go and "pick it up" is more of just signing forms. From that day it will take about 10 more days for you to actually receive the osap in your bank. And that also depends on if you have any additional osap. When you pick it up they will write down the ammount that is being issued to cover the costs of your tuition. After that if you have any extra they will put it in your bank.
As for the QEII - you have not yet been issued any because you have not picked up your osap. When you go they will use whatever amount of QEII you were given towards your tuition. If on the osap website it says you are getting 100$ than you will see that when you pick up your osap.
When you go to pick it up they are very good at explaining how everything works - just make sure to ask lots of questions if something doesnt seem right because they do often mess up.

-Hopefully my rambling helps

-Ashley
2nd yr Honors Gerontology.

Vaidawg says thanks to gallagaj for this post.

Vaidawg likes this.
Old 08-19-2010 at 11:03 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagaj View Post
There is an early release of osap starting augst 25th I believe. On the mcmaster website go to the student financial aid page and it will tell you the exact room and times. As well, you need to make sure that you bring all the required Id or they will not give u your osap. (Student ID card, government issued photo id, social insurance card, and your banking information). It is very important you bring banking information as that is how you receive your osap. The day you go and "pick it up" is more of just signing forms. From that day it will take about 10 more days for you to actually receive the osap in your bank. And that also depends on if you have any additional osap. When you pick it up they will write down the ammount that is being issued to cover the costs of your tuition. After that if you have any extra they will put it in your bank.
As for the QEII - you have not yet been issued any because you have not picked up your osap. When you go they will use whatever amount of QEII you were given towards your tuition. If on the osap website it says you are getting 100$ than you will see that when you pick up your osap.
When you go to pick it up they are very good at explaining how everything works - just make sure to ask lots of questions if something doesnt seem right because they do often mess up.

-Hopefully my rambling helps

-Ashley
2nd yr Honors Gerontology.
You actually don't NEED your SIN Card if you don't want to carry it around with you. You can always photocopy it, print it and then shred it when you're done.