MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone currently watching Highschool of the dead? xxsumz Anime & Comic Books 4 09-12-2010 11:31 AM
Anime Fans Unite NatalyaOtaku Anime & Comic Books 17 08-08-2010 01:22 AM
anyone watching greys? SciMania Movies & Television 15 05-21-2010 05:16 PM
Bird Watching Club ShouldBeStudying Clubs & Groups 0 04-15-2010 11:56 AM
Where's the Anime/Manga club? RoyK Anime & Comic Books 5 09-28-2008 11:42 PM

What comics/anime everyone reading/watching?

Old 07-11-2010 at 07:00 PM   #61
changturkey

Liked: 9 Times

I think Wing is what many people had as their first Gundam series, so that's why it was liked. I actually find the designs in Wing quite plain when you compare it to some of the UC stuff.
Old 07-11-2010 at 07:22 PM   #62
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by changturkey View Post
I think Wing is what many people had as their first Gundam series, so that's why it was liked. I actually find the designs in Wing quite plain when you compare it to some of the UC stuff.
Hrm, I'm not sure. I personally feel there was a big departure from a lot of the standards people were used to in UC. Mechs like Wing Zero having "angelic-type" wings in the OVA (though personally, I prefer the prior interpretation of Wing in the series, and even Deathsythe's rebuild to Hell Custom was a bit iffy) and the Altron with it's signature dragon fangs.

If you look at a lot of the Feddie/Zeon suits, they were many variations of the same type of suite (typically, the RGM/RX - 78/79 and the Zaku II or Zaku I if you prefer). But at the same time, with such a large span of series connected to that one universe, there were suits that really stuck out... so perhaps I can see where you're coming from.

Don't get me wrong though, I prefer the suits from UC much more than AC, but I just felt AC's only redeeming quality was some of the suits being pumped out by OZ as well as Earth Sphere's grunt, Leos. Just my opinion.

Last edited by RoyK : 07-11-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-11-2010 at 07:39 PM   #63
changturkey

Tallgeese was a nice MS. Wing as well. But if you look at like, all the stuff from 0083 onwards, like Zeta, the designs are pretty unique. Heck, I even like the grunt suits (Jegan, etc.) However, UC is a much bigger universe, so I guess you have to take that in to account.
Old 07-26-2010 at 06:41 PM   #64
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

I'm a Gintama fan through and through, but other than that I'm big on manga as opposed to anime. Skip Beat, Eyeshield 21, Bakuman, Bleach, Dengeki Daisy... mostly a lot of shoujo manga, but I read some JUMP titles as well. I watched most of season one of Gundam00, but I have yet to finish the last 4 or so episodes. Hopefully I'll get around to that sometime.
Old 07-26-2010 at 08:55 PM   #65
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

I've started to watch anime again lol....currently watching Romeo x Juliet and Hetalia Axis Powers
Old 07-26-2010 at 09:47 PM   #66
lux

Liked: 318 Times

Scott Pilgrim
Only recently, I started reading the Scott Pilgrim series, so I hope to finish before the movie comes out in August !! =D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0HUH_JZKKQ It's awesome and so funny. With the added bonus of being set in Toronto.
Old 07-31-2010 at 02:15 AM   #67
Karthiga

Liked: 2 Times

since onemanga.com is shutting down I haven't really been reading manga other than the top three (once piece, naruto, bleach)..but for anime i've been watching Yumeiro Patissiere..its a very cutesy anime
Old 07-31-2010 at 11:47 PM   #68
marieeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthiga View Post
since onemanga.com is shutting down I haven't really been reading manga other than the top three (once piece, naruto, bleach)..but for anime i've been watching Yumeiro Patissiere..its a very cutesy anime
Is Yumeiro Patissiere any good? I came across it looking for new anime to watch!
Old 07-31-2010 at 11:55 PM   #69
Black.Mamba

Liked: 13 Times

Scott Pilgrim FTW!! Did you read the sixth and final volume yet?
Im sad for the series to be over but they ended it off satisfyingly. Definitely a good series.
My most recent comic experience would have to be Frank Miller's Sin City series. AMAZING!!
And his comic for 300 was also unbelievable. And check out the Marvel Runaways series. Also pretty epic.

And as for money, comics can be an expensive hobby to maintain but I sorta figured it out!
check out your effin library! dont underestimate its power! Ive gotten to discover so many series because of that place. Arthur had it right when he said, "having fun isn't hard, when you've got a library card!"

lux likes this.
Old 08-01-2010 at 12:51 PM   #70
Karthiga

Liked: 2 Times

Yumeiro Patissiere is very shojoish lol anime..its about this girl who want to become a partissiere, it make me hungry just watching it lol but its a very cute anime
Old 08-02-2010 at 10:44 AM   #71
Ace0fSpades

Other than the big 3 (Naruto, Bleach and One piece) I've been reading Fairy Tail, Claymore, D. Grayman Soul eater, Katekyo Hitman Reborn and my new fav Bakuman which ...is unlike the previously mentioned but can be just as exciting.(NOT BAKUGAN ... sorry to anyone that likes that show but I hate it)

Anime wise ... last anime I saw was the melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi love the philosophy in that show, and Code Geass... one of the best I ever saw. If you ever wanted to check out an anime check out Samurai Champloo had some of the best swordfight I ever saw.
"Looking for the man that smells like sunflowers" - took me till the second last episode to realize something bout this quote.
Old 08-02-2010 at 02:15 PM   #72
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Nurarihyon no mago

After watching the first few episodes, I got into the Manga and boy was I surprised. Despite it's initial look, it has a few dark parts and quite a bit of comedy to it. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for something to watch or read.

Old 08-05-2010 at 02:24 PM   #73
Qadd

Liked: 3 Times

Watch and/or read claymore. amazing manga! (I have not watched the anime version myself...)

0t10 likes this.
Old 08-05-2010 at 02:27 PM   #74
changturkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qadd View Post
Watch and/or read claymore. amazing manga! (I have not watched the anime version myself...)
The anime isn't that great, and the plot is changed. Needs a season 2.
Old 08-10-2010 at 07:47 PM   #75
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

I'm a romantic comedy fan when it comes to anime. I'm currently watching Case Closed. I've read mangs like School Rumble, Fruits Basket and Yotsuba! I haven't exactly been reading manga for awhile, but I will someday. I still haven't finished reading Love.Com