Comm 2AB3 PTGregD 2nd Year Course Reviews 1 05-01-2012 05:00 PM
Comm 2ab3 folle_25 Academics 11 06-06-2010 12:12 AM

COMM 2AB3 - Is the text needed?

Old 12-28-2011 at 09:57 PM   #1
NahLeoNah
Account Locked

Liked: 2 Times

COMM 2AB3 - Is the text needed?
Just wondering if the text is necessary to get a good grade (10+) in this course.

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2011 at 11:29 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

there are some questions that are asked not covered in the slides. if u wana buy book pm
Old 12-29-2011 at 09:27 PM   #3
pocalyuko

Liked: 9 Times

I had Managerial Finance last year and got an 11 in the course with no textbook. Our prof said the textbook was not required to do well. Wait and see what the prof says, if he says not required, save yourself the cash and dont bother getting it

slx4 says thanks to pocalyuko for this post.
Old 12-29-2011 at 10:26 PM   #4
slx4

Liked: 4 Times

hey kyle, may i ask who was your prof?
Old 12-31-2011 at 12:19 PM   #5
pocalyuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by slx4 View Post
hey kyle, may i ask who was your prof?
My prof was KANAGARETNAM, K, who is teaching it 2nd semester this upcoming year. So I believe you won't have to get the textbook. He'll probably tell you that the first day too lol
Old 12-31-2011 at 04:36 PM   #6
NahLeoNah
Account Locked

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocalyuko View Post
My prof was KANAGARETNAM, K, who is teaching it 2nd semester this upcoming year. So I believe you won't have to get the textbook. He'll probably tell you that the first day too lol
How hard was the class? Also, if you did not purchase the text, what resources did you have for "practice?"
Old 01-01-2012 at 01:43 PM   #7
pocalyuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahLeoNah View Post
How hard was the class? Also, if you did not purchase the text, what resources did you have for "practice?"
In my opinion, managerial accounting was easier than financial accounting. As for practice, we did a lot of in class examples that were similar to test problems. and if i remember correctly, he posted practice questions and old midterms for review
Old 01-01-2012 at 05:31 PM   #8
xutopia

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahLeoNah View Post
This accounting course is consideraly easier than 2AA3, the class average was 78-80 for mid terms the final was fair if you studied somehow. In my opinion, the text book is really unnecessary. The prof will post sufficient practise questions on avenue and will cover some sample questions in class as well. An A is almost guaranteed if you attend lectures and do practise questions prior to exams.

sissi7 says thanks to xutopia for this post.