Commerce 2BC3 pre req? hendribj Academics 1 06-16-2010 06:18 AM
Room assignment sarahc Hedden Hall Forum 16 07-06-2008 09:33 PM

COMM 2BC3 Group Assignment

Old 01-05-2010 at 01:57 PM   #1
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

COMM 2BC3 Group Assignment
Before I begin, let me just point out that I have checked the Reviews section of the site and couldn't find my answer there.

To anyone who's already taken COMM 2BC3 (the HR class), can you give us/me some info on the 25% group assignment? Is it as intimidating as it sounds?

Seriously, by the description on the course outline, I'd rather do a Rita Cossa assignment. XDD

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-05-2010 at 02:22 PM   #2
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

You fail for not being in one of Teal's sections. Switch into core 6/8.

She has three in class 10% assignments which are easy.

scott000 likes this.
Old 01-05-2010 at 02:26 PM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

That doesn't help, Gregory.

& I like the way this teacher talks. So I'll probably stay in it.

Old 01-05-2010 at 09:17 PM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Oy. Was just asking some other people... seems like a teacher named Weisel (sp?) also does the 3 10% assignments... seems kinda unfair. o_o

anyone know anything about the group assignment? is it significantly harder..? o_o

Old 01-05-2010 at 11:43 PM   #5
KayakerDan

Liked: 86 Times

Is this just one assignment? 'Cause when I took the course I had just the three 10% assignments which were so easy a monkey could do them. I've never heard of a 25% assignment in this course.
Old 01-06-2010 at 08:39 AM   #6
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

D: D: D:

In my section, there's 2 individual assignments worth 5% each, then we have a group assignment worth 25% each.

That means the other sections midterm/exam is also weighted differently... which is just... odd. o_o

Old 01-06-2010 at 12:35 PM   #7
CowardlyLion

Liked: 0 Times

I have the same prof as you do too =/

I think this 25% assignment is new since the prof is also new, so I doubt anyone knows if this group project really is intimidating, but 15-20 pages plus graphs + appendices *sigh*.

Does this mean that other students in 2BC3 cores don't have to buy the $45 HRM Simulation license? If so, then that just sucks, the textbook alone is already pricey!
Old 01-06-2010 at 12:42 PM   #8
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowardlyLion View Post
I have the same prof as you do too =/

I think this 25% assignment is new since the prof is also new, so I doubt anyone knows if this group project really is intimidating, but 15-20 pages plus graphs + appendices *sigh*.

Does this mean that other students in 2BC3 cores don't have to buy the $45 HRM Simulation license? If so, then that just sucks, the textbook alone is already pricey!
Well, I just got back from class...
the prof said that there are a few other sections that also have to do this assignment, but still, I think it's bullshit that other people are seemingly getting an easier assignments (at least from what I can tell so far) and also get different weightings for their midterm/exam. >_<

And yea, an extra 45 dollars. Are you kidding me? I can't even afford textbooks for an entire month. Why the shit should I have to buy something other people don't have to. ._.

Old 01-06-2010 at 02:14 PM   #9
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I don't know anything about the course, but I would switch into the one with easier assignments. Maybe that's the lazy way out, I don't know. I think I have a friend in that course, so I might know the assignment you're talking about (is it where you have to work with a company..?)

Anyway. I would switch into the class with easier assignments.
Old 01-06-2010 at 03:23 PM   #10
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Liked: 90 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Well, I just got back from class...
the prof said that there are a few other sections that also have to do this assignment, but still, I think it's bullshit that other people are seemingly getting an easier assignments (at least from what I can tell so far) and also get different weightings for their midterm/exam. >_<

And yea, an extra 45 dollars. Are you kidding me? I can't even afford textbooks for an entire month. Why the shit should I have to buy something other people don't have to. ._.
Is switching out of the section into another not an option? Your excuse for not switching out was "I like the way this teacher talks", which is really not a good excuse.
Old 01-06-2010 at 03:40 PM   #11
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerSocker View Post
Is switching out of the section into another not an option? Your excuse for not switching out was "I like the way this teacher talks", which is really not a good excuse.
And I haven't been able to log onto mugsi/solar for 3 days?

And it is a good excuse. I've liked 1 teacher in my almost 2 years at mac. And most people tend to go to a class where the teacher is good.

The one teacher I know of who isn't doing this group assignment thing apparently hasn't taught the course in 15 years.

There's plenty more to it than just "I like the way he talks." I just didn't think to post my entire c-b analysis.

And it still doesn't change the fact that I'd like to know if anyone's had to do this and what it's like. xD