MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Econ 1b03 Assignment # Of Attempts RememberTwce First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-11-2010 03:17 PM
bunk assignment leemeiying Moulton Hall Forum 22 08-26-2010 09:19 PM
Linguistics 1AA3 Assignment #2 luv.ng.u Academics 10 07-17-2010 10:18 PM

Room assignment

Old 07-04-2008 at 10:22 AM   #1
sarahc

Liked: 0 Times

Room assignment
I logged on my residence application today to find that I have my roomate assignment!
I'm in Hedden 447B

Does that mean I'm on the fourth floor? lol and what does the B stand for?
Old 07-04-2008 at 10:44 AM   #2
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Yes that means you're on the 4th floor, your room is 447 and the B stands for which bed is yours.
Each person gets a letter that corresponds to their bed and phone. On your phone it should say A, B, or C etc. This is because you're assigned an extention so when people call the University and ask for your name the switchboard will put them through to the phone assigned to you. You can change what bed you sleep in if your roomies are okay with it

Old 07-04-2008 at 01:56 PM   #3
newsha

Liked: Liked 5 Times

yay sarah, i'm in hedden as well - 255
Old 07-04-2008 at 02:15 PM   #4
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 136 Times

Hey fellow heddonites! Im in Hedden too!

Im so happy, it was my very first choice...hedden double room

Room 337A...I might even have view of football field.

see ya there
Old 07-04-2008 at 02:20 PM   #5
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

congrats everyone w/ their residence choices!!!! i'm not a first year but i wanta share the joy too. haha. YAYYYYYY
Old 07-04-2008 at 08:23 PM   #6
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

I'm not in Hedden this year but I was in it last year and it's really nice. Private washrooms, nice spacious common rooms, it's one of the newer buildings so it's more modern looking.

I felt the rooms were a decent size, although I only had one roommate so I couldn't tell you about the triples.

Like you've probably read all over the forum though, it's not really the building that's important it's the people that live in your building that will make your year in residence.

My suggestion to first years, get involved in as many of the activites your building HPA plans as possible. I went to a few of the parties last year but I didn't go to as many building events as I could have. The more events you go to the more fun you have and the more people you'll get to meet and become friends with.
Old 07-04-2008 at 08:45 PM   #7
ThatGuy

Liked: 36 Times

I just got my room assignment.. I got a single in moulton... I tried my best to get a double or even a triple room but somehow I got a single even though I thought they'd be impossible to get. People say every res is good but when i saw moulton it looked pretty bad...anyways can i switch into a double or triple room?
Old 07-04-2008 at 08:52 PM   #8
woodlawngirl

i just checked and im on the second floor in mckay!
Old 07-04-2008 at 08:53 PM   #9
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

ThatGuy,
I'm sorry but 'switching' isn't an option unless you have a medical reason to do so. Having a single isn't so bad, you have your own personal space when you need it but you can also mingle and socialize when you want to. Believe me, even when you knew your room mate from before university they'll still get on your nerves. There will come a time when you'll be thankful for that private space.

As for Moulton being a crap res, I'd have to disagree. The rooms are spacious (all the ones I've ever been in there were singles as well) and they usually have big windows. The only pitfall about Moulton in my opinion as an outsider was that I wasn't there often enough to get used to the layout.

Don't write Moulton off just yet, give it a chance, I think you might change your mind!

Old 07-04-2008 at 08:58 PM   #10
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Also, I know a few staff living in Moulton and they're amazing! residence life is what you make of it. Come January, everyone will be jealous of you because by that point they'll definitely be sick of their roommates!

Congrats to everyone on their new residences! I hope you enjoy your new home for the next eight months!
Old 07-04-2008 at 09:26 PM   #11
Lara101

whoever got the single in moulton: i greatly envy u right now i got a triple and i applied 21 res and none triple and only one double
Old 07-04-2008 at 09:36 PM   #12
ThatGuy

Liked: 36 Times

I applied to every double room there was in all the residences then in some triple rooms(none of them moutlon) and somehow I end up with a single
Old 07-04-2008 at 09:47 PM   #13
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Thats the glory of a lottery system.

Old 07-04-2008 at 11:39 PM   #14
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

BE SURE TO GO TO YOUR SPECIFIC RES FORUMS AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF!
Old 07-06-2008 at 09:48 AM   #15
Lara101

what would qualify as a medical reason?
lol i dont mean to sound so pesimistic but im really worried about this and am second guessing moving into res at all
what happens if u dont get along with ur roomates at all and ur constantly arguing could u switch if that happens....
also if i pay for res and then decide that i dont want to live there anymore do i get a refund ( i heard u might if u drop in before the first two weeks of school)
im trying to look at this as positively as possible but i want to be prepared and i want to know my options lol