MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UTM commerce Transfer to Mcmaster commerce II Tyuop Academics 4 06-08-2011 09:18 PM
Upper Year Commerce Students - Commerce 1st year report CAHopeful First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 03-13-2011 07:46 PM
Anyone dropping commerce 2fa3 and commerce 4pa3 kunwaro Academics 3 01-04-2011 11:59 AM
Commerce T.A mcmaster12 Academics 6 07-30-2010 03:54 PM
Commerce kuruczpa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-28-2010 02:11 PM

Commerce 2 help

Old 06-10-2011 at 02:14 AM   #1
zareen.s24

Liked: 3 Times

Commerce 2 help
hi
I am going to enter commerce 2 next year
anyone have any helpful tips with profs? or courses?
i think im only allowed one elective, what would be an easy elective to choose?
any info on commerce 2 is appreciated
thanks
Old 06-12-2011 at 09:43 PM   #2
andrea_18

Liked: 4 Times

its going to be a busy year for you. but you'll manage. compared to engineering or science its probably nothing

-marketing will most likely suck
-you will probably have midterms friday nights and saturday mornings every week or every other week
-none of the courses are really that difficult. the workload and timing of everything is what's "difficult". i struggled a little with finance but prof Deaves made that happened. if the TA Andrew taught it i would have done better from the start.

tips?
- stay focused
- get a good group for Marketing and go to class and take it first term! you'll thank yoursef later
- seriously you're better off NOT going to HR. Along with others I know, I did better than people that went
-take Info Systems (2KA3) with Montazemi if you can!! easy 12! or 11 if you accidently screw up something
- dealing with Deaves... if he's your finance prof I suggest going to the TAs/even friends especially Andrew if you dont get it. they will help you a lot more... and his textbook sucks. it wont help you either. he makes you feel stupid.
- dont piss off Mohammad but hes a great prof!

easy electives... well French 1Z06 and 2Z06 are super easy! but unfortunately are the whole year. I took summer courses for second year so i could take 2Z06. Geography courses are generally easy. Labour studies 1C03 is easy. im not sure of others... there are probably lots of easy courses from different faculties. ask around! see what your friends are taking as well. they might find easy ones.

when you complete the year, you will be proud of yourself. so many people drop out or dont make it to 3rd year or 3rd year Honours (which you need to be in to take commerce courses btw) which is surprising because the avg is only 6 CA. but idk! good luck!

m.lam, Xbrzz all say thanks to andrea_18 for this post.

icecubz, m.lam like this.
Old 07-28-2011 at 03:47 PM   #3
zareen.s24

Liked: 3 Times

thanks for the advice
hopefully i can stay on top of my game