MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfer- UTM to Mac Commerce peteshurr Academics 7 06-07-2011 08:52 PM
internal transfer to commerce II zareen.s24 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 03-22-2011 04:37 PM
Are My Courses Good For A Transfer Into Commerce? Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-03-2010 02:29 PM
Internal Transfer to Commerce II mikes91 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 04-09-2010 11:06 AM
Transfer to commerce 2 healthsci1 Academics 1 12-26-2009 10:34 AM

UTM commerce Transfer to Mcmaster commerce II

Old 06-08-2011 at 10:14 AM   #1
Tyuop

Liked: 0 Times

UTM commerce Transfer to Mcmaster commerce II
This is my first post so I will start with Hi Everyone.

The question that I wanted to put out is if there is any specific requirement in terms of GPA that I would need to transfer from UTM commerce to the second year commerce at Mcmaster. I have checked the website, and they say a minimum of 70% is required for the transfer. I will have something along the lines of a 2.6 GPA which may increase to 2.8-3.0 after my second year here after I complete the computer science credit that is required for me. So the main question I would like to ask is what are my chances of being accepted for the transfer with a GPA of around 2.6-3.0 from here.
Old 06-08-2011 at 11:10 AM   #2
harsshu

Chances
Your odds are pretty good provied you complete that mark booster credit to pull up your GPA ...

Tyuop says thanks to harsshu for this post.
Old 06-08-2011 at 11:20 AM   #3
Tyuop

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsshu View Post
Your odds are pretty good provied you complete that mark booster credit to pull up your GPA ...
Thank you for the quick comment, Its just that I am not too fond of risking a year (or possibly two) of my life for something so vague as a "minimum of 70% average" which may change at any time. May I ask how you know my chances are good? please do not find me rude, its just that after my first year here at U of T I have become paranoid to the max about these vague requirements.
Old 06-08-2011 at 07:02 PM   #4
harsshu

Excellent question. I would say experience from past. My best piece of advice to you is to call up the DeGroote Business office and ask them to see a councilor and you are practically guaranteed a correct answer to your question.
Old 06-08-2011 at 09:18 PM   #5
Tyuop

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsshu View Post
Excellent question. I would say experience from past. My best piece of advice to you is to call up the DeGroote Business office and ask them to see a councilor and you are practically guaranteed a correct answer to your question.
Yes, I believe that is the best solution as well at the bottom line, I just wanted to ask this board first before I do that. Once again, thank you for your help, if what you say is truly from past experience, then I can only hope for your answer to be correct. Your contribution is truly appreciated.