MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internal Transfer to Commerce II mikes91 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 04-09-2010 11:06 AM
Review for Commerce courses potatopotato First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 12-30-2009 12:55 PM
Transfer to commerce 2 healthsci1 Academics 1 12-26-2009 10:34 AM
info to transfer to 2nd year commerce John H Academics 2 12-11-2009 04:30 PM
Transfer credit for Level II elective courses wendy0519 Academics 4 06-14-2009 06:52 PM

Are My Courses Good For A Transfer Into Commerce?

Old 07-03-2010 at 02:09 PM   #1
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Are My Courses Good For A Transfer Into Commerce?
Hi, I'm in 1st year SocSci and I want to transfer into Commerce.

The courses I've picked so far are:

BIOLOGY 1M03 03 1 D PASSED
COMP SCI 1TA3 03 2 D PASSED
ECON 1BB3 03 1 D PASSED
ECON 1B03 03 2 D PASSED
MATH 1F03 03 1 D PASSED
MATH 1M03 03 2 D PASSED
POL SCI 1G06 06 3 E C01 T05 PASSED
PSYCH 1XX3 03 2 E C01 T54 PASSED
PSYCH 1X03 03 1 E C12 PASSED

biology because my "subject area of major interest" is psych and neurosci behaviour... in the Mac booklet it said I needed to take bio to get into honours something for next year... but since i'm switching to commerce, does it matter? should i take something else...

do I need a certain mark/average to be able to switch? if so...should i take some easy courses... and how is Inquiry 1SS3? Take or no?

Am I good to go? Thanksssssss
Old 07-03-2010 at 02:29 PM   #2
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Tip 1: It's probably best to continue the same thread rather than making multiple new ones
Tip 2: http://www.degroote.mcmaster .ca/UG/business1.html
You seem to meet all their requirements. Bio isn't necessary for a transfer but it couldn't hurt. You could also fill up your free electives (i.e. Bio and Psych 1XX3) with courses from the CC menu

Edit: 7.0 average needed for a transfer as stated: http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...42VtbcCM2e7vcA

I've never taken Inquiry so I couldn't provide any information on that. A 7.0 and greater is possible with hard work and focus. I haven't heard of anybody applying and getting rejected based on a lack of seats but you may want to keep your options open anyway. I was in Business and I transferred out ASAP because it just wasn't my thing.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Last edited by goodnews.inc : 07-03-2010 at 02:44 PM.

Desda says thanks to goodnews.inc for this post.