MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Offers of Admission Chad First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 206 04-25-2013 08:46 PM
Last ditch effort for admission to Commerce amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-29-2010 03:22 PM
biopharm admission cut-off? shreya s. Academics 4 10-07-2009 07:04 PM
second year commerce admission schoikim Academics 9 05-31-2009 10:30 PM
Admission into Artsci? Meritt First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 11-10-2008 03:40 PM

Commerce Admission

Old 02-17-2009 at 11:01 PM   #1
MrSmith

Liked: 4 Times

Commerce Admission
Hi, Im in highschool currently eagerly trying my best to get accepted into the commerce program that mcmaster offers. On their website it says the admission average is 80-84% and i was wondering if you guys think i can get in with my top 6 classes averaging to about 81-83%
Old 02-17-2009 at 11:25 PM   #2
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

I'd imagine you should be fine.
Old 02-18-2009 at 05:53 PM   #3
Alex McColl

Liked: 11 Times

When I applied they had this optional application thing you could fill out which outlined your extracurricular activities and allowed you to explain why some (if any) of your marks weren't great (death in the family during the school year, etc).

I was in a similar spot as you (I think I finished high school with an 81 point something). I filled out the form in great detail and proof read everything to make sure there were no spelling or grammatical errors. I sent it in on time, and in 2008 I graduated with an Hons B.Comm & a Minor in Economics.

Based on this link: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /liaison/?p=50 it seems these days they'll mail you an optional application if your grades aren't high enough to get you in on their own.

If they send you a form, do as I did. If not, then let me be the first to welcome you to The Degroote School of Business.

- Alex McColl
B.Comm 08