MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Last ditch effort for admission to Commerce amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-29-2010 03:22 PM
Second Year Program Admission Results AnthraX Academics 15 05-20-2010 10:11 PM
Commerce Admission MrSmith Academics 2 02-18-2009 05:53 PM
2nd Year Program Admission Dauhu Academics 13 06-28-2008 08:30 AM
Second Year Program Admission and Course Selection mgallant Academics 7 06-24-2008 05:40 PM

second year commerce admission

Old 05-31-2009 at 05:50 PM   #1
schoikim

Liked: 0 Times

second year commerce admission
I finished my first year commerce with 6.3 average.
I just checked my grade report and saw

REGISTRATION FOR SEP09-APR10
ELIGIBLE FOR
BA/HON , H ECON
INELIGIBLE FOR
B.A.SC. , H BUS INFORMATICS CO-OP

am I not allow to take commerce II?
I meet all the requirements. I didnt fail any courses and my average is over 5.
Old 05-31-2009 at 06:01 PM   #2
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoikim View Post
I finished my first year commerce with 6.3 average.
I just checked my grade report and saw

REGISTRATION FOR SEP09-APR10
ELIGIBLE FOR
BA/HON , H ECON
INELIGIBLE FOR
B.A.SC. , H BUS INFORMATICS CO-OP

am I not allow to take commerce II?
I meet all the requirements. I didnt fail any courses and my average is over 5.
Nothing there says you didn't get in... looks like you got into BA/HON, H ECON... I'm guessing economics with honors?
Old 05-31-2009 at 06:08 PM   #3
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Just FYI, an Honours degree refers to a 4 year program.

So "Honours Commerce" means you are doing a 4 year program, whereas a "General" degree refers to a 3 year program.

EDIT: Sorry I misread.

It looks like what you didn't get accepted for, is Co-Op...but you got into the regular program.

Last edited by Mowicz : 05-31-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-31-2009 at 06:24 PM   #4
schoikim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
Just FYI, an Honours degree refers to a 4 year program.

So "Honours Commerce" means you are doing a 4 year program, whereas a "General" degree refers to a 3 year program.

EDIT: Sorry I misread.

It looks like what you didn't get accepted for, is Co-Op...but you got into the regular program.
so I did get into commerce II? if I did, why dont they put on my grade report?
thanks for the comments by the way.
Old 05-31-2009 at 07:03 PM   #5
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

You got into Commerce II, don't worry. The reason everyone here was a bit confused is that Commerce isn't like other faculties. You do not need to apply for Commerce II; You're already considered when completing Business I.

So don't worry, when you go to pick courses, you will be able to select Commerce II as your program.

And P.S. Honors and Non-Honors are both 4 year degrees, but you don't get into honors until 3rd year.

Edit:You were in business to begin with.....right?

Last edited by PTGregD : 05-31-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Kevin S, schoikim all say thanks to PTGregD for this post.
Old 05-31-2009 at 07:06 PM   #6
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

did you apply to commerce 2 in mugsi (if you had to)?
Old 05-31-2009 at 07:09 PM   #7
schoikim

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
You got into Commerce II, don't worry. The reason everyone here was a bit confused is that Commerce isn't like other faculties. You do not need to apply for Commerce II; You're already considered when completing Business I.

So don't worry, when you go to pick courses, you will be able to select Commerce II as your program.

And P.S. Honors and Non-Honors are both 4 year degrees, but you don't get into honors until 3rd year.

Edit:You were in business to begin with.....right?
hey thanks a lot. that makes sense.
Old 05-31-2009 at 10:23 PM   #8
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post

I know there exist some 4 year general degrees...but I didn't know McMaster offered any. (I could be wrong, I'm not the most familiar with humanities/soc sci degrees) I also know that for Kinesiology, I was definitely in an Honours program in 2nd year because they don't offer anything else...so I don't think you're in a general degree program until your third year. I think you choose honours or not (if possible) right when you enter your 2nd year...I mean that is what the H means in H ECON right?
Old 05-31-2009 at 10:26 PM   #9
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
I know there exist some 4 year general degrees...but I didn't know McMaster offered any. (I could be wrong, I'm not the most familiar with humanities/soc sci degrees) I also know that for Kinesiology, I was definitely in an Honours program in 2nd year because they don't offer anything else...so I don't think you're in a general degree program until your third year. I think you choose honours or not (if possible) right when you enter your 2nd year...I mean that is what the H means in H ECON right?
You're probably right on all accounts. I was just speaking specifically about Commerce degrees.
Old 05-31-2009 at 10:30 PM   #10
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Thanks Greg for clarifying this!
~KS