MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster First Year Nursing!!! Message me if your in the first year program as well crumble Introduce Yourself 0 08-12-2010 09:40 PM
Second Year Program Admission Results AnthraX Academics 15 05-20-2010 10:11 PM
second year commerce admission schoikim Academics 9 05-31-2009 10:30 PM
2nd year admission, summer school credit missmatch Academics 12 05-31-2009 12:46 AM
Second Year Program Admission and Course Selection mgallant Academics 7 06-24-2008 05:40 PM

2nd Year Program Admission

Old 05-30-2008 at 08:58 AM   #1
Dauhu

Liked: 0 Times

2nd Year Program Admission
Admissions just came out today and I was wondering if you aren't accepted into a program right away does that change (ie. is there a waiting list or something)? Or are you stuck with what they give you?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2008 at 09:13 AM   #2
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

You can work towards the program you want to get into. That's what I'm doing. I won't be getting into my program until the end of third year but now I'm one step closer.
Old 05-30-2008 at 12:27 PM   #3
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I had to do the same myself after first year.

You just mirror the program in second year and reapply towards the end of this upcoming academic year

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-30-2008 at 04:34 PM   #4
Dauhu

Liked: 0 Times

Oh alritey, that's the earliest that you can do it?
Old 05-30-2008 at 05:43 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Yup. You can only request to be admitted after they have another full year worth of marks.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-02-2008 at 12:35 PM   #6
shockalot

Liked: 11 Times

I had a similar question, i'm not eligible for any of my programs until i complete a certain course which i'm taking in summer school....is it possible that they might reconsider their decision once I'm finished with the summer course?
Old 06-02-2008 at 01:48 PM   #7
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Yup! But as soon as you're done that course go talk to the office of your program so you can register for courses and such. I recommend that you talk to them prior to completing the course as well.
Old 06-02-2008 at 03:33 PM   #8
shockalot

Thanks so much!
I had one other question actually, I'm taking the course at York and from what i've heard, Mac only transfers the credits, but in my case, I'm taking Bio, and the mark needs to be considered for entry into the Life Sci program. Is it best for me to contact Mac and talk to them about this and request them to look at the marks even though i completed the course at another university?
Thanks so much in advance, i really appreciate this!
Old 06-02-2008 at 03:37 PM   #9
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Yes you should def call up Admissions, the Science Dept, etc.
Start with Science and if they can't give you a direct answer they will know who can.
You can't call now, they're most likely closed (you'll soon learn that everything at Mac closes around 4pm) but give them a call tomorrow and explain your situation, they'll give you the info you need. It's always better to call with stuff like this, rather than search the website. Personally, I despise the Mac website. There! I said it! HA!

Old 06-23-2008 at 06:43 AM   #10
Sarah13

I'm in almost the same situation as you, I'm taking stats online from Lakehead in order to complete the second math requirement. Did you find out if you are eligible for honours Life Sci? Who did you call? Thanks so much!
Old 06-26-2008 at 01:44 PM   #11
shockalot

I called up and they said they'd be able to let me know after i sent them my transcript. The only problem is, i think i might not pass my course during the summer, we need a 60 for the credit to be transferred right? I'm borderline for one of my courses and that's going to create a big issue i think...
Old 06-26-2008 at 05:03 PM   #12
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

If your course is not at Mac, yes you need a 60% for it to be considered 'completed'

Old 06-27-2008 at 10:22 PM   #13
Sarah13

Did they make it seem like as long as you passed the course (ie. had over a 60 so that it could be a "complete" on your Mac transcript), you would be accepted into the program? And did they say anything about how you would go about picking courses for next year, that have registration in honours as a requirement? Sorry about all the questions, I guess I really should just call myself. I sent an email, but the reply was sooo vague.... :S
Old 06-28-2008 at 08:30 AM   #14
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

The course I took was during the school year, so unfortunately I'm not really of any help to you. I do think you should call the department, as it would be your best bet.