MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second Year Program Admission Results AnthraX Academics 15 05-20-2010 10:11 PM
LEVEL II program selection... shreya s. General Discussion 1 06-20-2009 09:27 PM
second year commerce admission schoikim Academics 9 05-31-2009 10:30 PM
Level II program selection SugarySnack Academics 4 04-13-2009 01:40 AM
2nd Year Program Admission Dauhu Academics 13 06-28-2008 08:30 AM

Second Year Program Admission and Course Selection

Old 06-23-2008 at 02:11 PM   #1
mgallant

Liked: 7 Times

Second Year Program Admission and Course Selection
Hey guys. So in first year, I was in Humanities, but got accepted into hons psych, so i'm going to do that. That means that my faculty will be changed to soc sci. Now, the Humanities course selection date is the day before the social sciences one -- which do i use? TECHNICALLY i'm still a humanities student until i open solar, right?

if anyone could help me out on

1) how to choose your major
2) what date i should use solar

, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Mike
Old 06-23-2008 at 02:37 PM   #2
dj_money

Liked: 4 Times

Hey mgallant,

Well, looking at the SOLAR Entry Schedule, students in Level 2 of the Faculty of Humanities can enter SOLAR on Wednesday (June 25), while those in the Faculty of Social Sciences can enter on Thursday (June 26). My advice to you would be to try and see if you are able to enter SOLAR on Wednesday (as a Humanities student). If not, then Thursday (as a Social Sciences student) it is! My guess would be that you are still in the Faculty of Humanities and you should be able to enter on Wednesday.

In terms of choosing the major, as soon as you enter SOLAR, you will be asked to pick your program of choice, which would be Honours Psychology for you. Then, you will be taken to the Course Selection webpage, where you will be able to select your courses.

Good luck with course selection!

mgallant says thanks to dj_money for this post.
Old 06-23-2008 at 05:20 PM   #3
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

Thanks for asking this type of question. I have a similar one, I was in Social Science I and am now going to get into a Combined Honours in Social Science (Poli Sci) and Humanities (Philosophy). Same idea? Try on Wed and if not its Thursday? As well, I am kind of confused about my electives. Will I still have the 18? And if so, how many-if any at all, can be level I?
Old 06-23-2008 at 06:12 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

If you're in combined Honours in Soc Sci and Anthro disiplines you're automatically in the Faculty of Humanities

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-24-2008 at 10:02 AM   #5
mgallant

Liked: 7 Times

thanks for the replies. the reason for my question:

i'm thinking about going to the cottage wednesday/thursday. if solar opens tonight for me, i can choose my courses before the cottage, no worries. however, if solar doesn't open until tomorrow, i am in a real pickle.

also, as a psych major, my required courses are reserved, right?
Old 06-24-2008 at 03:54 PM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Yup, all required courses you have a reserved spot.

SOLAR will open at midnite (of course depending on your faculty)...but realistically you won't be able to access it until about 5AM.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-24-2008 at 05:13 PM   #7
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

question:

i was planning to take all these really awesome electives... but when i finally got into mugsi, they were all full (probably due to upper years taking them :@) will there ever be a chance of the courses opening up new spots? or am i gonna have to wait til somebody drops the course(s)?

thanks for the info!
Old 06-24-2008 at 05:40 PM   #8
Raeann89

Liked: 4 Times

Myoozik,
I'd suggest trying to register in your preferred courses every day until you get in - it is possible! Last year I didn't get into two of my electives until a week into school...keep trying and it'll work out

-Rae