MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Science lounge? mike4 General Discussion 36 11-07-2011 11:34 PM
Comp sci lounge? %karol General Discussion 1 09-12-2011 11:45 AM
Anyone know what time the Commerce lounge closes on Friday? CAHopeful General Discussion 1 07-30-2011 04:59 PM
The SOCS lounge! belindz! First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 09-16-2010 01:50 PM

Is the Commerce Lounge Open 24/7?

Old 11-02-2012 at 06:21 PM   #1
Commie42
Elite Member

Liked: 132 Times

Is the Commerce Lounge Open 24/7?
So this page here - http://degrootecommerce.ca/lounge/ - says that the Commerce Lounge is open 24/7 through your access card. But say if I wanted to go study at like 10:30pm on a Friday... how am I suppose to get in? DeGroote will be all locked up and the other hall entrances that are connected will be locked for the night. So that raises the question: is it really open and accessible 24/7?
Old 11-02-2012 at 06:27 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHiggins View Post
So this page here - http://degrootecommerce.ca/lounge/ - says that the Commerce Lounge is open 24/7 through your access card. But say if I wanted to go study at like 10:30pm on a Friday... how am I suppose to get in? DeGroote will be all locked up and the other hall entrances that are connected will be locked for the night. So that raises the question: is it really open and accessible 24/7?
Check to see if your access card allows you into the building.
Old 11-02-2012 at 07:07 PM   #3
Commie42
Elite Member

I'll check it out, thanks.
Old 11-02-2012 at 07:32 PM   #4
Commie42
Elite Member

Yea I don't see any key card entry from outside the building. Unless they leave KTH open all night? But I somehow don't see that happening.
Old 11-02-2012 at 08:01 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Yea I don't see any key card entry from outside the building. Unless they leave KTH open all night? But I somehow don't see that happening.
You can get to KTH through the student centre, which is always open. I've spent many late nights studying in random classrooms there. I'm not sure if parts of KTH close, though, but it's worth looking into.

Commie42 says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 11-02-2012 at 08:13 PM   #6
Commie42
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
You can get to KTH through the student centre, which is always open. I've spent many late nights studying in random classrooms there. I'm not sure if parts of KTH close, though, but it's worth looking into.
Yea, that's what I kind of thought. So I'm guessing you can go from the Student Centre to CNH, TSH, KTH, and DeGroote anytime then. That just seems like a crazy thought to me, that you can just be in DeGroote at any time of the night (although I have been told there are alarms that go off if you try to go upstairs). So you could even just chill in a big lecture hall all night I guess!
Old 11-02-2012 at 09:51 PM   #7
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Yea, that's what I kind of thought. So I'm guessing you can go from the Student Centre to CNH, TSH, KTH, and DeGroote anytime then. That just seems like a crazy thought to me, that you can just be in DeGroote at any time of the night (although I have been told there are alarms that go off if you try to go upstairs). So you could even just chill in a big lecture hall all night I guess!
The stairs in DSB lock once it's around 7:30ish, if you try to keep the stair doors open, then an alarm goes off.

Commie42 says thanks to Cliu91 for this post.