MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Business / Commerce Summer School Year 3 missy235 Academics 3 11-15-2011 05:18 PM
Summer School - Commerce CAHopeful Academics 6 04-19-2011 01:04 PM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM
Summer School, 2nd year commerce dhillon11 Academics 1 04-11-2009 11:19 AM
Summer School, 2nd Year Commerce dhillon11 Academics 4 04-11-2009 08:32 AM

Commerce Summer School

Old 02-12-2012 at 11:28 AM   #1
Salik

Liked: 32 Times

Commerce Summer School
Ok so there are a few threads on this last year, but i want new feedback and since the options are different this summer, here is my question.

I'm taking 4 classes for sure over the summer, 2 of them are Financial and Managerial Accounting. I need 2 more commerce classes out of the way, so I'm leaning towards taking Applied stats and Finance.

Is it a good idea to get rid of these 4 over the summer or should i take something like HR or Org.Behaviour or any other elective. I kinda want to save the easier classes for my second year.

Also, I am really good at math and its my favourite subject, the only course i have a 12 in as well. Is it a good idea to take math courses as electives then, since I get really bored of the dry social sciences that people call "fun" and i end up doing horrible in them because i start to skip lectures/fall asleep.
Old 02-12-2012 at 11:46 AM   #2
MasterFett
Account Locked

Liked: 31 Times

Why do you want to take half of 2nd year in summer?
Old 02-12-2012 at 11:48 AM   #3
Salik

Because i want to go the CA route, which means that I will have to take 15 courses in 4th year (3 being after the Graduation). That said, i will have to either overload or take summer for the 12 courses remaining, and I really dont want my 4th year to be full of courses like Taxation, Advanced Taxation, Accounting Theory..etc
Old 02-12-2012 at 01:09 PM   #4
kathik

Liked: 0 Times

I'm in my fourth year doing the CA route as well and personally speaking I never took an accounting course in the summer just because that was what I was focusing on and I didn't want to be rushed through the material. I think I just did an elective and Econ 2X03 over the summer.

I think Applied stats and finance would be good for the summer , I remember second year being really hectic as a few of the commerce classes had 2 midterms and would fall around the same time.

Salik says thanks to kathik for this post.
Old 02-12-2012 at 01:43 PM   #5
Salik

Yeah 2 is all i need over the summer to fit my courses in 4 years. Despite that, i want to make my 4th year really easy so that i can really focus on the upper year courses. Be it taking half electives and half mandatories, or just take less courses overall in 4th year because i got rid of them early

Thanks for the feedback though, if the courses are open, im going with both accountings, finance, and stats