MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Year Rep Positions on the Bio Society BioSociety First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 10-21-2010 10:52 PM
Applying for TA Positions... demelo_b Academics 1 08-10-2010 01:57 PM
New Volunteer Positions: Student Success Advisers MacTrans MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-12-2010 03:01 PM
TA positions faheimm General Discussion 4 06-24-2009 07:01 PM
Residence Positions ferreinm General Discussion 9 06-02-2009 05:25 PM

Commerce T.A positions

Old 12-20-2010 at 10:49 PM   #1
mcmaster12

Liked: 6 Times

Commerce T.A positions
What do they ask during T.A interviews?

more specifically, what do they ask during commerce 2AB3 interview? Is there any technicals or just chat to see if you can communicate?

thanks
Old 12-20-2010 at 10:54 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmaster12 View Post

more specifically, what do they ask during commerce 2AB3 interview? Is there any technicals or just chat to see if you can communicate?

thanks
I would be prepared to know stuff.
But from past TA experiences, I would think communication is not a priority they're looking for.. my TAs have been poor teachers.. :(
Old 12-20-2010 at 10:56 PM   #3
mcmaster12

Liked: 6 Times

one of my friends did 2AA3 and told me that its general chat. his was on the phone and was just brief discussion.

I'm not too sure how in person would differ than on the phone and if the course would make a difference in terms of selecting process
Old 12-20-2010 at 10:57 PM   #4
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmaster12 View Post

thanks
If it's anything like the Psych TA interviews, all you really need is a bit of confidence, some knowledge of the subject matter, and make sure you think before saying anything (and remember that admitting that you don't know something/can look up the answer is better that guessing or making something up to try and look good).