MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Humanities - Communication and Multimedia, need easy electives for first year! kaitlynnjade First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-05-2012 09:08 AM
Communication Studies & Multimedia NRoshanth Academics 9 01-12-2009 02:59 AM
Grad Program for Communication Studies/Multimedia AdamF Academics 2 08-07-2007 11:56 PM

Communication Studies & Multimedia

Old 09-09-2012 at 08:06 PM   #1
hamza4000

Liked: 1 Time

Communication Studies & Multimedia
Who else is or planning on doing a combined honours in communication studies & multimedia?
Old 09-09-2012 at 09:13 PM   #2
Light

Liked: Liked 2 Times

I was, but I was thinking about what are the possible jobs that will be available to me after university with those two degrees.
What are you planning on doing after uni?
Old 09-09-2012 at 09:17 PM   #3
hamza4000

I was thinking of information technology but the demand for that is dropping every year. My second option is going into marketing and sales which I enjoy actually.
Old 09-09-2012 at 09:18 PM   #4
hamza4000

I'm planning on doing a post-grad for sure though. Add me up if your in the same field as well.
Old 09-09-2012 at 09:19 PM   #5
Light

Post grad to do what? Like what school and program? What's the difference if you just get out of McMaster and get a job versus going to post grad and getting a job? Isn't this degree enough?
Old 09-09-2012 at 09:31 PM   #6
hamza4000

I want to add a post-grad for strong reference. You can get a job out of this degree. Their are many agencies in Toronto that hire comm tech grads. You can ask Chad the founder of this website. He graduated and is working full-time at a TV & Radio company as an interactive content manager.
Old 09-09-2012 at 09:35 PM   #7
Light

Thanks for that. But wait did he have both degrees or only one in Multimedia?
I hope that one degree is enough to land a job like that. I really want to do a minor.
Old 09-09-2012 at 09:37 PM   #8
hamza4000

What do you want to do a minor in? Yeah he did a combined honours in communication studies and Multimedia. My cousin who recently graduated from McMaster is currently doing medical school, is the one who suggested me to this field. I have interest in it very much. Add me on this website and we can chat. Are you thinking of doing this program as well? What faculty are you in?