MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are help centres open during reading week? lovekblue First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 01-31-2013 06:34 PM
Become a Community Advisor SSCLeadership MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-13-2012 12:09 PM
OSAP re-assessment zareen.s24 Financial Aid 1 08-09-2011 01:49 PM
Where the **** is my Notice of Assessment? lawleypop General Discussion 18 10-09-2010 09:38 AM
Academic Advisor Ruggedman Academics 2 01-21-2010 01:03 PM

Community Advisor Assessment Centres

Old 02-06-2013 at 05:28 PM   #1
Afsha-noon

Liked: 11 Times

Community Advisor Assessment Centres
Hey!
I was wondering if anyone knew how many people made it to the “assessment center” stage of the CA hiring process last year? Furthermore, of them, how many are hired to become CAs? Or even in general, if anyone has any idea of number.
I have my assessment center interview in a few days and Im just really nervous!
Thanks a lot!
Also does anyone know how much of a choice CAs have in choosing which res they will be in? I was really hoping for Edwards or Wallingford (if I make it =)).

Thanks a bunch!
Old 02-06-2013 at 05:51 PM   #2
biglandfarm

Liked: 66 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afsha-noon View Post
Hey!
I was wondering if anyone knew how many people made it to the “assessment center” stage of the CA hiring process last year? Furthermore, of them, how many are hired to become CAs? Or even in general, if anyone has any idea of number.
I have my assessment center interview in a few days and Im just really nervous!
Thanks a lot!
Also does anyone know how much of a choice CAs have in choosing which res they will be in? I was really hoping for Edwards or Wallingford (if I make it =)).

Thanks a bunch!
q1 cant answer, and you wont find the answer anywhere
q2 about 10%-20% <--my own estimation
q3 the res chooses you.

how to do well: be yourself, be truthful, draw from your experience.

Last edited by biglandfarm : 02-06-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-07-2013 at 09:46 AM   #3
Commie42
Elite Member

Liked: 133 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglandfarm View Post
q1 cant answer, and you wont find the answer anywhere
q2 about 10%-20% <--my own estimation
q3 the res chooses you.

how to do well: be yourself, be truthful, draw from your experience.
The res choses you? Is there a sorting hat?

Afsha-noon, kaitotst, qwerty! like this.
Old 02-07-2013 at 10:09 AM   #4
biglandfarm

Liked: 66 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHiggins View Post
The res choses you? Is there a sorting hat?

the assessments are starting today, candidates, may the odds be forever in your favor.

Commie42 likes this.
Old 02-07-2013 at 02:32 PM   #5
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Everyone who applies is guaranteed a chance at the assessment centres. I think around half of those who applied got the job last year. There are always some who get an offer but decide not to become a CA, and others who were put on the wait-list may get a chance . Best of luck!

Afsha-noon likes this.
Old 02-07-2013 at 08:58 PM   #6
Nicole

Liked: 2 Times

Best of luck with your assessment centre. I was a CA for two years (one year in Wallingford and one year in Mary Keyes) and the best thing you can do is to be yourself at the assessment centre. They are looking for different types of personalities. You need to show that you have some leadership skills and definitely that you are able to work well with other people.

I can't remember how the assessment centeres work (or if they have changed). You will have one station where you will be role playing one-on-one with a "student" about an issue that they are going through. Could be difficulty with school, relationships, anything. Another station is working with a group to come up with a program to run with your students. Another one will be a game to see how you work with other people. There might be a few more but that's what I can remember.

Feel free to message me if you have more questions about the application process or being a CA!

Afsha-noon says thanks to Nicole for this post.