MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brampton -> McMaster on a Saturday? CAHopeful First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-27-2010 07:51 PM
Anyone from Mississauga or Brampton going to Welcome Day? MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-06-2010 07:45 PM
Anyone commuting from Brampton ????? AK05 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-06-2010 07:49 PM
Commuting from Brampton jindal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-14-2008 07:35 PM

Commuting From Brampton.

Old 05-04-2009 at 02:31 PM   #16
MrSmith

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by surena View Post
I'll just post the instructions for how to find a bus route from the start.
Click on "Schedules".
then "Train and Bus Schedules".
Next, "Use the Schedule Finder".
Starting City: "Brampton"
Terminal Station: "Bramalea GO Station" (located on Bramalea and Steeles; pick this because the other ones are listed with routes you dont need for some reason)
Bus Service: "Hwy 407 West GO Bus (Hamilton-York U)"
Direction: "West" if you're trying to get to mac, "East" if you're trying to get home
Pick your day
Then pick your time slot. Dont worry if it looks like the drop down list resets once you pick. Your choice will still show up

So the Go bus you'll probably be looking at is the 47 or the 47A (which is the express bus with fewer stops). Just look for the the bus you want in the little chart based on what time you need to be on campus for. It may look a little confusing but it's not too bad after you get the hang of it! Good luck!

*Also... when you go to catch the bus, i think you go to bus stand 3 to wait. You can get a day ride pass which works out to $18.70 and you can just use that to get back and forth from school, apparently as many times as you want in one day. Not sure how much the 10 rides are.
Thanks so much.
Old 05-04-2009 at 02:32 PM   #17
MrSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
Obviously you know where the Go Station is (on Steeles) so just go there and you're looking for 1 of 2 buses, both of them will bring you to McMaster.

You want either the 47 or 47A.

The 47 is just the regular bus so it makes a bunch of stops on the way to McMaster. It stops at a bunch of carpool lots along the way to pick up students. Due to this it takes longer to get to the school.

The 47A is the express bus. It takes the 407 and only stops at Square One before going on to McMaster. It's a shorter trip. Depending on traffic I'd say it's an average trip of 50 minutes, sometimes less, sometimes a bit more.

This is the schedule for this route:
http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...&station=&new=

I just went to Schedules > Train and Bus > Choose from a list > and pick 46, it's purple.

Look along the top of the schedule for 47 or 47A, then look along the side to see the times they arrive at the Bramalea Go Station and the time they will arrive at McMaster.

Once you make up your class schedule you can look at the Go Bus schedule and find the times that you will need to get on the bus to get to school in time for your classes.

Hope that helps.

If you're going to be commuting every day you'll want to purchase a monthly pass. The price was mentioned earlier in this thread, it is $226 for a monthly pass between Bramalea Go and Mac. You get unlimited monthly rides with that pass.
Thanks alot.
Old 08-02-2009 at 11:12 PM   #18
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times

Hey MrSmith, are you still planning on commuting from Brampton? Will you be taking the bus?
Old 08-03-2009 at 09:17 AM   #19
MrSmith

yea im still commuting and will be taking the 47 bus i think from the GO station on steeles and bramlea.
Old 08-03-2009 at 10:59 AM   #20
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

We'll maybe I'll see you sometimes. I'm planning on taking the 47A every morning to campus.