MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Landlord problems Jennnnn Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 8 02-11-2013 09:22 PM
McMaster Complaints daniasa Academics 7 09-11-2012 09:27 AM
A retiree and a landlord ychen Introduce Yourself 3 04-22-2012 05:13 PM
Can my landlord do this? Ownaginatios Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 43 03-04-2011 11:13 AM
sketchy landlord? shleyaa General Discussion 11 01-13-2009 07:34 PM

Complaints About Landlord- Anil Senaratna

Old 06-19-2014 at 08:15 PM   #31
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiRudlin View Post
Hello Everyone,
Wow! Can't believe all the complaints about Anil. We signed a lease in May for the 2014-2015 year and paid our deposit. We have not heard from him nor do we have our keys yet. We have filed a complaint with Off Site Campus.
Thx
If you want something to be done you should file a legal complaint.
Old 07-29-2014 at 05:45 PM   #32
ndicecco

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
If you want something to be done you should file a legal complaint.
Hi everyone, we are currently filing a T1 and have a court hearing. We also went to the police, they did some investigating but because they were never any other complaint not much they could do. PLEASE complain to the police and to the tenant board association. This man should not be allowed to have rental properties and take advantage of student.

Silver likes this.
Old 07-29-2014 at 05:50 PM   #33
ndicecco

Liked: 1 Time

People you must complain to the Tenant Board Association and to the police
Old 08-22-2014 at 05:53 AM   #34
batticjc

Liked: 0 Times

Anil Worst Landlord 2014 Nominee
Anil Is litterally the worst Landlord I have ever seen.
I rented with him for the 2013-2014 year. I have never been through such a terrible experience.
For two weeks to almost a month there was a terrible leak happening in my room, that he never even
showed the urgency to fix. Coming home to a flooded room wasn't even a surprise to me. To the point where I couldn't even sleep there.
We were going to sign with Anil once again, and then he changed his mind and said he doesn't want out tenancy (probably too many compaints to handle) so the day before we come to move our things away, he decides to take all of our things left from our house, and with hold them until he's gotten rent from one of my old roommates who moved out months ago, due to the terrible conditions.
I am up to date with everything, and I have never even missed a payment for rent. This dude has got to be stopped. He is a child, he Is immature, and there is no getting in contact for him. I email him constantly. He has in fact since, changed his number. Alex, his contractor, is such a nice guy, stuck in the middle of this wont give us his number to contact him.
Anil has my bed, my fridge, textbooks, tv's, speakers, all from my roommates and myself, and refuses to give our possessions back.
I beg you all renting from him, to leave as soon as you can.

starfish says thanks to batticjc for this post.
Old 08-22-2014 at 10:12 AM   #35
Loko

Liked: 5 Times

I don't get it why do people keep signing with him if he's so terrible like seriously /
Old 08-22-2014 at 06:37 PM  
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.