MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer Science X!Bilet Academics 2 01-12-2011 09:09 AM
Mac Computer Science from College Computer Technology steve2345 Academics 3 10-17-2010 07:20 PM
Computer Science Sidd Academics 1 08-02-2010 01:04 PM
Computer Science dondada Academics 2 07-07-2008 01:20 PM

Computer Science Graduation @[email protected]

Old 01-17-2012 at 10:45 AM   #1
john1993

Liked: 8 Times

Computer Science Graduation @[email protected]
Hi,

I am in 1st Year Computer Science, I went to JHE 2nd floor saw the graduation pictures.
Every year there is like 2-4 students graduating from Computer Science. Last year only 1 person graduated from Computer Science. Does anyone know why?

Is computer science really hard? After seeing that frame, starting to stress out.
Old 01-17-2012 at 11:05 AM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

How many people got in this year? Like 65? At least 15 drop out after the first year Engineering Math courses in conjunction with CS 1FC3. Probably at least 5-10 transfer into a different program as well as 5-10 transferring out of Mac. So you're left with 30-40 people going into second year (or less). Gradually over the years probably a few transfer into like Software Engineering (Game Design) and whatnot. I hope you get the point. There is only a few of us!
Old 01-17-2012 at 11:20 AM   #3
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Its not that few. Not everyone gets their picture taken as it cost money..only logical explanation

enarab likes this.
Old 01-17-2012 at 12:02 PM   #4
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

We like to follow the tech leaders and drop out

britb, kanishka, RyanC like this.
Old 01-17-2012 at 12:09 PM   #5
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Comp Sci as we know it know only started in 2008 (the new direct entry revamped program that is). This year is the first year of proper graduates if I understood Dr. Anand correctly when he was talking about it

anonanon987 likes this.
Old 01-17-2012 at 09:03 PM   #6
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Just remind yourself: the more people who leave, the more badassery left for those who remain.

Comp Sci isn't the only one - start of this year, we had roughly 27 Bio Phys III. Now, we're at 17 or so, and probably dropping (some people are thinking seriously about leaving).
Old 01-17-2012
nikJ
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-17-2012 at 09:26 PM   #7
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikJ View Post
Lol Comp Sci is probably the easiest program at Mac. No offense to Comp Sci students, but almost every one of their courses gets bell curved, and not because the midterms or exams are so hard, but because they just don't care about studying what they are taught. Also you made a terrible decision coming to Mac for Comp Sci. Clearly you couldn't get into U of W. Transfer out of Mac, is the best advice I can give you, even though you didn't ask for it. Good Luck, if you decide to stay.

PS: The above comments on the program come from a friend of mine who is in CS.
You're making several accusations there. Hopefully you do realize that your friend's opinion doesn't hold true for all students. On second thought..you probably don't.

Old 01-17-2012
nikJ
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-17-2012 at 11:12 PM   #8
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Lol Comp Sci is probably the easiest program at Mac. No offense to Comp Sci students, but almost every one of their courses gets bell curved, and not because the midterms or exams are so hard, but because they just don't care about studying what they are taught. Also you made a terrible decision coming to Mac for Comp Sci. Clearly you couldn't get into U of W. Transfer out of Mac, is the best advice I can give you, even though you didn't ask for it. Good Luck, if you decide to stay.

PS: The above comments on the program come from a friend of mine who is in CS.
Way to motivate new and prospective students my friend!
Old 01-17-2012 at 11:16 PM   #9
Alert Moderator & Admin
Add negative rating-4Add positive rank
The MI community has ranked down this post by nikJ.
Click here to view it anyways.
Old 01-17-2012 at 11:40 PM   #10
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Oh yeah give my comments a negative rating. That will increase your chances of getting employed after graduating from Mac's CS/SE program. Learn to handle the truth.
you sound like a troll [Moderated]

Last edited by jhan523 : 01-18-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-17-2012 at 11:41 PM   #11
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
Oh yeah give my comments a negative rating. That will increase your chances of getting employed after graduating from Mac's CS/SE program. Learn to handle the truth.
I happen to know a Mac Comp Sci graduate. He's currently working for Google, making about $90,000 a year. It doesn't matter what program you're in, as long as you're one of the best at what you do.

Your friend from comp sci might not be very good at it, and hence feels this way. That's not the case with everybody.

Afzal, gmoney, jim1, Maria.A like this.
Old 01-17-2012 at 11:43 PM   #12
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Who the **** is this kid?
Old 01-17-2012 at 11:46 PM   #13
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaltair View Post
Who the **** is this kid?
well he's not in comp sci, but feels the need to dish out advice about it