MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer Science X!Bilet Academics 2 01-12-2011 09:09 AM
Mac Computer Science from College Computer Technology steve2345 Academics 3 10-17-2010 07:20 PM
Computer Science Sidd Academics 1 08-02-2010 01:04 PM
Computer Science dondada Academics 2 07-07-2008 01:20 PM

Computer Science Graduation @[email protected]

Old 01-17-2012 at 11:50 PM   #16
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaltair View Post
Who the **** is this kid?
Some unknown person. I wonder what program he's on, considering Computer Science is the easiest program at McMaster (says something about his IQ level already..).

Afzal likes this.
Old 01-18-2012 at 12:32 AM   #17
nikJ

Liked: 85 Times

I'm in CS 3rd Year. Was trolling the thread. I apologize to all my pals from CS and SE who may have been offended.

So, in all honesty, CS program at Mac is pretty good, regardless of what anyone says. I just wanted to see what other CS students had in mind regarding this.

To the OP, don't worry, you have chosen a great program. Don't go by the graduation pictures. If you're in the program of your choice, then you needn't worry. As someone said, if you're the best in what you do, nothing can stop you from achieving great heights. I'd also like to add to that- If you love what you do, you needn't worry about anything.

About the program being tough- no, its not at all hard to survive in the program. Dr. Janicki is the only thing that's challenging about the program. If you can get by his courses learning something, you're good. Also you should know that the very basis of CS is Algorithm Design and that particular course is also taught by Dr. Janicki.

Also I couldn't be more happy with our program because I recently landed with a 16 month Internship with IBM. My recruiter said that in the past he has been very happy with students from Mac and he thought we had a really good program structure to prepare students for the job market upon graduation.

Once again, sorry guys!

Afzal likes this.
Old 01-18-2012 at 06:50 AM   #18
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

Agreed about Janicki... I don't think I'd find 2C03 as challenging to follow as I do now if I actually knew what the prof was saying more than 20% of the time :(
Old 01-18-2012 at 07:44 AM   #19
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

I got into waterloo...

anonanon987 likes this.
Old 01-18-2012 at 08:41 AM   #20
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianface View Post
I got into waterloo...
Same here.
<filler>

julianface likes this.
Old 01-18-2012 at 09:37 AM   #21
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikJ View Post
I'm in CS 3rd Year. Was trolling the thread. I apologize to all my pals from CS and SE who may have been offended.

So, in all honesty, CS program at Mac is pretty good, regardless of what anyone says. I just wanted to see what other CS students had in mind regarding this.

To the OP, don't worry, you have chosen a great program. Don't go by the graduation pictures. If you're in the program of your choice, then you needn't worry. As someone said, if you're the best in what you do, nothing can stop you from achieving great heights. I'd also like to add to that- If you love what you do, you needn't worry about anything.

About the program being tough- no, its not at all hard to survive in the program. Dr. Janicki is the only thing that's challenging about the program. If you can get by his courses learning something, you're good. Also you should know that the very basis of CS is Algorithm Design and that particular course is also taught by Dr. Janicki.

Also I couldn't be more happy with our program because I recently landed with a 16 month Internship with IBM. My recruiter said that in the past he has been very happy with students from Mac and he thought we had a really good program structure to prepare students for the job market upon graduation.

Once again, sorry guys!
This kid needs to get laid

anonanon987, muons like this.
Old 01-20-2012 at 10:09 AM   #22
Kuttan

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikJ
Lol Comp Sci is probably the easiest program at Mac. No offense to Comp Sci students, but almost every one of their courses gets bell curved, and not because the midterms or exams are so hard, but because they just don't care about studying what they are taught. Also you made a terrible decision coming to Mac for Comp Sci. Clearly you couldn't get into U of W. Transfer out of Mac, is the best advice I can give you, even though you didn't ask for it. Good Luck, if you decide to stay.

PS: The above comments on the program come from a friend of mine who is in CS.
oh lol was trying to find the comment
Old 01-20-2012 at 10:11 AM   #23
john1993

Liked: 8 Times

thanks guys for the reply