MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about Computer Science Simar First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-25-2012 05:53 PM
Computer Science X!Bilet Academics 2 01-12-2011 09:09 AM
Mac Computer Science from College Computer Technology steve2345 Academics 3 10-17-2010 07:20 PM
Computer Science Sidd Academics 1 08-02-2010 01:04 PM
Computer Science dondada Academics 2 07-07-2008 01:20 PM

Computer Science I Question!

Old 06-24-2013 at 10:51 AM   #1
Depthless

Liked: 0 Times

Computer Science I Question!
Well, I'm not 100% sure if they removed the course or not. But for some reason the pre-requisite for first year Comp Sci requires Computer Science 1FC3.

It appears to be missing from the list of options under the "Comp Sci" course code on SOLAR.

Just wondering if I'm missing something or it's really missing from the options.

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2013 at 11:50 AM   #2
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

It seems that this course has been replaced by 2 new courses. Here are the courses for first year computer science:
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...14/pg1197.html

Here is last years list where they had 1fc3:
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1197.html

Last edited by jim1 : 06-24-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-24-2013 at 12:54 PM   #3
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depthless View Post
Well, I'm not 100% sure if they removed the course or not. But for some reason the pre-requisite for first year Comp Sci requires Computer Science 1FC3.

It appears to be missing from the list of options under the "Comp Sci" course code on SOLAR.

Just wondering if I'm missing something or it's really missing from the options.

Thanks!
Actually, I think they moved it to second year.
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...14/pg2486.html

Comp Sci 2DM3 looks like 1FC3
Old 06-24-2013 at 01:28 PM   #4
MarkA

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSM View Post
Actually, I think they moved it to second year.
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...14/pg2486.html

Comp Sci 2DM3 looks like 1FC3
Ya, it seems so. Looks like they're doing a massive overhaul to the program starting next year.

Really wish they'd offered that "COMP SCI 2XA3: COMPUTER SCIENCE PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE: SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT SKILLS " when I was in second year... looks like it covers a lot of the stuff we had to learn independently during third year and co-op.
Old 06-24-2013 at 02:42 PM   #5
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
Ya, it seems so. Looks like they're doing a massive overhaul to the program starting next year.

Really wish they'd offered that "COMP SCI 2XA3: COMPUTER SCIENCE PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE: SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT SKILLS " when I was in second year... looks like it covers a lot of the stuff we had to learn independently during third year and co-op.
I agree with you. They also changed, as someone mentioned...broke down 1FC3 into two courses like they should've.

These are very good positive changes for new first year Comp Sci students. Makes me slightly jealous, but it's alright.