MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maple on library computers? moonlitnight First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-18-2010 08:27 PM
computers in the psychology building? la1ala General Discussion 2 09-20-2009 06:13 PM
Computers Alchemist11 General Discussion 5 09-05-2009 11:49 AM
Best Setup for Those With 2 Computers mike_302 General Discussion 3 09-04-2009 12:01 AM
Computers in the Library Rob Mac Academics 2 09-25-2008 08:22 PM

computers in your room

Old 07-27-2010 at 08:58 PM   #1
dumbconsumer

Liked: 80 Times

computers in your room
i was thinking of getting a desktop, i've just had a horrible experience with laptops in the past. Is it feasible? I'm going to be staying in a double room at Hedden. How much of a problem is theft (considering i'd have to leave my desktop behind whenever i go to class etc.)

your opinion is appreciated : )
Old 07-27-2010 at 09:03 PM   #2
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbconsumer View Post
i was thinking of getting a desktop, i've just had a horrible experience with laptops in the past. Is it feasible? I'm going to be staying in a double room at Hedden. How much of a problem is theft (considering i'd have to leave my desktop behind whenever i go to class etc.)

your opinion is appreciated : )
As long as you don't forget to lock your door, I can't see how your desktop or anything for that matter will get stolen from your room.
Old 07-27-2010 at 09:05 PM   #3
JL37

Liked: 5 Times

ya one of my friends brought a desktop and laptop with him to school (crazy I know lol), and it worked out fine for him all year
Old 07-27-2010 at 09:15 PM   #4
nicole.h

Liked: 1 Time

Yes a desktop would fit on a Hedden desk. Those desks are pretty big. You would even have lots of space left on the desk for textbooks and stuff.
Old 07-29-2010 at 08:27 AM   #5
fred

Liked: 19 Times

depending on how big your setup is it might be a bit cluttered but it's definitely manageable

I actually brought both my laptop and desktop to mac, rarely ever used my laptop since the desktop did everything better. Here is a picture of my setup in les prince in case you were interested... I put the computer on my actual desk since the fans were crap and there was bad airflow under the desk (afraid of overheating, plus the thing ran really loud... it was a really old computer)

and uh, dual monitors wont fit unless you have small monitors (mine is only 22"), the last 2 pictures were what i did when my old computer broke and i had to improvise... dual screened off my laptop lol (i only kept it that way for a week, took some pictures since i thought it looked pretty cool)

dumbconsumer says thanks to fred for this post.

dumbconsumer likes this.