MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Comic Artist Club- First General Meeting! tessclare Clubs & Groups 0 09-20-2010 02:11 PM
Good LOLs temara.brown General Discussion 83 01-15-2010 02:30 PM
Good Food Box! temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 13 11-22-2009 09:12 PM
Anyone good with MS Access? kokosas General Discussion 4 07-27-2009 10:27 AM

Con artist in Mac?(not a good con though)

Old 10-14-2009 at 06:58 PM   #1
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Con artist in Mac?(not a good con though)
well im not sure if anybody has actually met this guy...but last year, near the beginning of the year outside the psych building this guy came up to me who was asian, and since i was asian i think he thought we would have a connection and asked if i spoke chinese, i said no, he asked if i spoke korean, i said no again, and he continued to ask for 20 dollars for gas and that he would pay me back the next day so long as i gave him my phone number, i said no...and went to class...4 months later or so, i see the same guy outside ITB and clearly he didnt recognize me and pulled the same act again...anyways i didnt think too much of this until a friend of mine told me that he actually saw this guy again this year, so i was thinkin...has nebody seen this guy before or maybe even given him 20 dollars too? and also heads up to anybody who actually meets this guy! haha
Old 10-14-2009 at 07:39 PM   #2
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

I've never seen this guy.

If you ever see him again you should probably call security or something if he's harassing you. People shouldn't be on campus harassing people and acting sketchy.
Old 10-14-2009 at 10:00 PM   #3
cowcow

Liked: 2 Times

I've seen this guy before too. It was after Ultimate practice and he was driving in the parking lot closest to MUSC in a old van (beige mercury villager) and he asked for $5 so he could get gas.

Of course i said no.
Old 10-14-2009 at 11:52 PM   #4
maverick1990

Liked: 13 Times

one time i was in the library and some guy was handing out cards explaining how he was deaf and wanted donations, actually i dunno maybe he really was... is that a scam or what? cuz it was really sketchy so i ddint give him anything.
Old 10-15-2009 at 03:12 AM   #5
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1990 View Post
one time i was in the library and some guy was handing out cards explaining how he was deaf and wanted donations, actually i dunno maybe he really was... is that a scam or what? cuz it was really sketchy so i ddint give him anything.
these guys can be found everywhere and are quite annoying. total scams. one guy did this to me, and i was leaving timmies and he left in a nice car. seriously, wtf.
Old 10-15-2009 at 09:20 AM   #6
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

UGGHH These people piss me off. I don't see too much of it here, but in the summer while in Europe, several cities had the problem, especially Paris. In one part, 4 ladies at the same time tried to harrass me, and they ended up arguing with eachother re: who got my money. I walked away. Their trick is to walk up to you, ask you if you speak english (in english) and then shove a paper in your face that is written in english that explains thei life story and why they need money. It's annoying as HELL because I observed a couple of beggars at wok in Eastern Europe: One hid behind bushes, smoking (age: 14 max) while the mother faked a leg injury on the street. They switched out every 3 minutes and the mother would lay down and move he leg just fine.

I'm sorry, but it's the scammers like these that make it hard to give to these beggars. Call me ignorant and cruel...
Old 10-15-2009 at 12:00 PM   #7
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
UGGHH These people piss me off. I don't see too much of it here, but in the summer while in Europe, several cities had the problem, especially Paris. In one part, 4 ladies at the same time tried to harrass me, and they ended up arguing with eachother re: who got my money. I walked away. Their trick is to walk up to you, ask you if you speak english (in english) and then shove a paper in your face that is written in english that explains thei life story and why they need money. It's annoying as HELL because I observed a couple of beggars at wok in Eastern Europe: One hid behind bushes, smoking (age: 14 max) while the mother faked a leg injury on the street. They switched out every 3 minutes and the mother would lay down and move he leg just fine.

I'm sorry, but it's the scammers like these that make it hard to give to these beggars. Call me ignorant and cruel...
I can vouch for this. When I went to paris, there were LOTS of people doing things like this. Especially on the trains.

I'm sorry but, even if you do have a disability, why should you get that money for that?

Next thing you know, people will be saying "I'm clinically depressed, please give me money!"

Gah. Humanity.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-15-2009 at 12:12 PM   #8
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
Their trick is to walk up to you, ask you if you speak english (in english) and then shove a paper in your face that is written in english that explains thei life story and why they need money.
That's when it's good to know how to say "Je ne parle pas anglais" or "Ich kann kein Englisch sprechen".

Last edited by Ownaginatios : 10-15-2009 at 12:14 PM.