MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Conditional offer help?? superwhiz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-08-2013 01:26 PM
Conditional Offer Coomzz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-03-2013 08:22 PM
question regarding my conditional offer!! jessiemc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 06-27-2011 08:37 PM
Conditional offer question Sam321 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 07-01-2010 07:31 AM
Conditional offer question Boolean Academics 6 05-21-2009 03:16 PM

Conditional Offer question (Graduate)

Old 11-30-2016 at 05:26 PM   #1
Jesse Ike

Liked: 0 Times

Conditional Offer question (Graduate)
Good day,

Please I recently gained admissions to Engineering design Graduate program. I was offered a conditional offer of Admission. It states "I am pleased to offer you admission to the full-time Master of Engineering Design program (Process and Production Systems) in the
W Booth School of Engineering Practice at McMaster University for the session beginning in January 2017. Please note that you
must maintain good academic standing in any courses currently in progress or taken post-application/offer. Upon your arrival at the
University, you will be required to submit official documents for all institutions you have previously attended including proof of
degree completion"

Now I am doing a 2 year diploma program with Fanshawe. I am on a co-op work term and said Fanshawe program is till 2018.
I am to start my Engineering Design by Jan 2017. Am I supposed to provide a completed degree from Fanshawe. And is a diploma now a degree that it is required I provide degree completion. Please note that I have a Bachelors degree from Nigeria already. thanks as you respond, everyone, anyone.
Old 12-04-2016 at 09:58 PM   #2
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Hi Jesse!

Congrats on getting into the Engineering Design Grad program!

I'm not too familiar with that specific program, but what are the requirements that are stated for the program? Does it say that a diploma (from Fanshawe) meets the requirements? Or maybe it's your Bachelors from Nigeria that is being considered to fulfill the requirements?

If your McMaster full-time program starts in 2017, but you're still at Fanshawe till 2018, how are you going to juggle both programs?

I would also reach out to the Engineering Faculty for clarification. Here's their contact info for the Grad Studies programs:

Associate Dean of Graduate Studies: Michael Thompson 905-525-9140 x23679 [email protected]

His Administrative Assistant is Nadine Pielaszek 905-525-9140 x26517 [email protected]