MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Conditional Offer Cleared... Now??? cory_1991 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-15-2010 11:33 AM
Meeting the conditional offer - help!! california First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 07-02-2010 04:47 PM
Conditional offer question Sam321 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 07-01-2010 07:31 AM
Conditional Offers yevenbother First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 83 07-15-2009 11:20 PM
Conditional Offer Theexe1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-10-2009 06:51 AM

Conditional offer question

Old 05-21-2009 at 02:13 PM   #1
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

Conditional offer question
I recently accepted my offer to Mac Engineering but i have a single concern. My conditional offer states: " a final average of at least 79% in your best six grade 12 courses including the ones required for this program"

now my total avg for my top six will be above 79% that's for certain, but what is the minimum grade for a single course? what happens if one or two of my top six courses is below 79 but my final avg is still above 79?.

Basically, I'm asking if there is a minimum mark you must achieve in each individual course in your top six?

I appreciate any help, thank you.
Old 05-21-2009 at 02:43 PM   #2
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

It's your overall average. I got a 78% in grade 12 advanced functions and no one seemed to care. :p
Old 05-21-2009 at 03:02 PM   #3
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

I believe when you need to achieve over a certain mark in a specific course they outline that in the letter. ie they'd tell you if you need a 79% + at least a 79% in math or whatever.

So you just need to get a 79% average, not 79% in every course.

Boolean says thanks to sew12 for this post.
Old 05-21-2009 at 03:04 PM   #4
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 98 Times

Hmm.. for some strange reason I seem to remember my offer letter stating that no individual course could fall below 70% (as well as having an overall average of 79%). That was over two years ago though, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, or things have changed...

Boolean says thanks to Geek for this post.
Old 05-21-2009 at 03:06 PM   #5
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Hmm.. for some strange reason I seem to remember my offer letter stating that no individual course could fall below 70% (as well as having an overall average of 79%). That was over two years ago though, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, or things have changed...
I think it may just be that you have to have an average over 79% now. One of my friends got in and he had a 65% in grade 12 English.

You may need above 70% in the sciences/maths though; that seems like it would make sense.

Boolean says thanks to Ownaginatios for this post.
Old 05-21-2009 at 03:10 PM   #6
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
I think it may just be that you have to have an average over 79% now. One of my friends got in and he had a 65% in grade 12 English.

You may need above 70% in the sciences/maths though; that seems like it would make sense.
I see i see. My weakest subject is chem, so i was just worried that finishing with like a 75ish. either way my overall top six avg will be in the 80s. I was just curious since its worded - "final average of 79 in your top six" as if saying in each of them.
Old 05-21-2009 at 03:16 PM   #7
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
I see i see. My weakest subject is chem, so i was just worried that finishing with like a 75ish. either way my overall top six avg will be in the 80s. I was just curious since its worded - "final average of 79 in your top six" as if saying in each of them.
Don't be too worried about that. 75% isn't that bad. Just as a heads up, first year engineering chem is easier than highschool :p... aside from a few of the last labs.