MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PSYCH 2AP3 (Abnormal Psychology) Summer Prof Chewie Academics 4 06-02-2013 02:26 PM
Holmes vs Khan - Who's a better prof for summer Econ 2G03/2X03? MasterFett Academics 8 02-05-2012 12:55 PM
contacting the prof regarding final mark epikness Academics 6 05-22-2011 12:55 PM
Prof for summer Anthrop 2U03? rant Academics 1 05-14-2010 12:40 PM

Contacting a Prof over the Summer

Old 06-10-2013 at 02:24 PM   #1
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Contacting a Prof over the Summer
So...
I have to contact my thesis supervisor regarding some particulars for the course registration and such, but she's not answering email...I can't find a phone number, and I'm not in Hamilton, so I can't go to her office...
Anyone know of a good way to contact profs over the summer? Do they normally check their emails? Not sure what to do...but I can't register for the course or start my project until I get an answer...
Old 06-10-2013 at 02:36 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
So...
I have to contact my thesis supervisor regarding some particulars for the course registration and such, but she's not answering email...I can't find a phone number, and I'm not in Hamilton, so I can't go to her office...
Anyone know of a good way to contact profs over the summer? Do they normally check their emails? Not sure what to do...but I can't register for the course or start my project until I get an answer...
Unless you're getting an out-of-office reply, they should be around. Profs still work in the summer, though many choose to take their vacation time at some point during these four months.

There's no real answer to your question "do they normally check their emails", since profs are individual people who have vastly different email checking and responding habits.