Roll Up The Rim alee90 General Discussion 27 03-13-2013 07:24 AM
Roll-up Keyboards starfish Music 5 01-26-2013 04:53 PM
*cue drum roll* Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-29-2006 03:05 PM

Course roll over

Old 09-21-2013 at 09:52 AM   #1
oliviar1

Liked: 0 Times

Course roll over
If i take courses in summer school, does that mean i can take less courses in second year?
Also does anyone know for the 2013-2014 first year students in kinesiology how many electives were supposed to take, on the website it says 12 units (i.e 4) but I was told at one point it had to be 5? so I took 5? do I only need to take 4 or is it 5?
Old 09-21-2013 at 11:49 AM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

You need a certain number of units (usually 120) to graduate with an honours degree. It doesn't matter when you take those units, as long as you fulfill all of your program requirements. So, yes, you can take less courses in second year if you take some courses in summer school, but you don't HAVE to. You could choose to take less courses in third or fourth year, or you could just take extra courses not needed for your degree if you're really interested in some electives.

I don't know which "website" you're referring to, but the course calendar says 15 units of electives: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1578.html
Old 09-21-2013 at 12:58 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

You can take whatever you want, whenever you want. With the exception of a few degrees, you can do this as quick as possible, overloading, or under-load and extend your degree. Take as many courses in the summer if you can, because it lets you either finish early, protects versus failures extending your degree, have a lighter next year, or lets you take additional courses you're interested in that are not going towards your degree.