MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
changes to course selection? DMe3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-13-2010 08:50 AM
Course Selection Cassanova Academics 4 06-08-2010 10:37 AM
Course Selection 10pauljuli First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-07-2010 11:55 PM
Course Selection Maximas First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-30-2010 07:35 PM
course selection Griff Academics 1 08-02-2007 09:10 PM

Course Selection Help

Old 06-25-2011 at 09:59 PM   #1
IIkingdrewII

Liked: 3 Times

Course Selection Help
I understand that it is mandatory to have a total of 30 credits for my program.
I Kinesiology requires that you complete two prereqs HLTSCI 1Bs0 and Science 1A00 (see course selection below). Do i include these are courses for the year or exclude them? Im curious if these are 1 week courses or something along those lines where its possible to take a course to fill its slot.

(compulsory - 4)

ECON 1B03
ECON 1BB3HTH AGE 1AA3
HLTH AGE 1BB
(electives - 6)

HTH SCI 1BS0
SCIENCE 1A00
KINESIOL 1Y03
SCIENCE 1E03
PSYCH 1X03
INQUIRY 1SS3
WOMEN ST 1A03
PHYSICS 1L03
Old 06-25-2011 at 10:08 PM   #2
bumbum

Liked: Liked 2 Times

These two courses do not count towards your 30 credits, so you can take two more 3 credit courses or a 6 credit course. They're basically online lab safety courses and you have to complete a quiz and get a certain mark before your first lab.
Old 06-25-2011 at 11:11 PM   #3
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

And another thing is that SOLAR won't let you take Kin without placing those two courses in the same term or before. (In this case, Kin 1Y03 is only offered in the first term, so you have to place those zero-unit courses in the first term.)

Don't worry, they give you infinite attempts, do not affect your grades, and shouldn't take too long. They can also be done even before the school year starts.

I believe SCIENCE/ENG 1A00 opens somewhere in late July/early August, and HTH SCI 1BS0 opens very late August or early September. You get an e-mail in your muss.cis address when it opens.