MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3 units=credit? or 6 units = credit Jelmo First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-09-2010 05:31 PM
Geo Labs, 2 hours now?! Kevin S General Discussion 5 08-31-2009 09:14 PM
Transfer credit for Level II elective courses wendy0519 Academics 4 06-14-2009 06:52 PM
Building Hours DannyV General Discussion 5 12-04-2008 12:17 AM
Transfer Credit ! zaidyusufani First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-28-2008 02:12 PM

Courses to fulfill 51 credit hours necessary for your CA?

Old 06-22-2009 at 07:59 PM   #1
KafiaJM

Liked: 0 Times

Courses to fulfill 51 credit hours necessary for your CA?
Hey, I'm going into DeGroote next fall and although I'm not 100% certain what I want to do after I graduate, I want to take advantage of all possible options.

So my question is; are there any specific pre-requisite courses I need to take in my first year in order to take the courses which will make up my 51 credit hours?
*Hope that makes sense*

I've found the list of 12 or so courses that I'll need to take, but I have no idea if they require any lower-level courses. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-22-2009 at 08:12 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Where is the list? If you would like to check if a course has prerequisites, use the undergraduate calendar:

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...rent/pg4.html#
Old 06-22-2009 at 09:34 PM   #3
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

A majority of your required first year courses in commerce, as there is a limited number, will more than likely be prerequisites for upper year courses that you need for the CA designation. It is in second year that you will need to be taking more specific courses.

Check this website for an idea of what you're going to have to take for your 51-hour credit hour requirement:

http://www.icao.on.ca/Admissions/QualificationProcess/ScheduleofUniversityC oursesforInstituteCre dit/1014page1201.aspx

Although that's for 2008-2009, it'll give you an idea of what's been required in the past. The course list doesn't drastically change every year, so it wouldn't be too different.

And if you refer to that list and check the link that jhan523 provided, you will see the prerequisites necessary. It's always a good idea to be planning what courses you're going to take 2 or 3 years in advance (essentially, plan out all four years now so you know exactly what path you're taking as opposed to randomly choosing courses as you see fit).

As usual, consult with an academic advisor in your faculty to get the most up-to-date information.

Last edited by myoozik : 06-22-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-22-2009 at 11:30 PM   #4
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KafiaJM View Post
Hey, I'm going into DeGroote next fall and although I'm not 100% certain what I want to do after I graduate, I want to take advantage of all possible options.

So my question is; are there any specific pre-requisite courses I need to take in my first year in order to take the courses which will make up my 51 credit hours?
*Hope that makes sense*

I've found the list of 12 or so courses that I'll need to take, but I have no idea if they require any lower-level courses. Any help would be greatly appreciated
As long you do all your required classes in Business I, you'll be fine for taking the courses to do your C.A.
Victor K
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 06-23-2009 at 11:51 AM   #5
Victor K

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
As long you do all your required classes in Business I, you'll be fine for taking the courses to do your C.A.
To echo off Gregory, don't worry about what you take during your first year as long as you take your prerequisites for Commerce II obviously.