MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exams are almost done! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 10 12-19-2012 10:53 PM
Old exams MichelleS Academics 7 12-09-2012 12:10 AM
Are deferred exams generally harder than exams written during exam period? User22 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 06-15-2012 03:04 PM
TIPS: Prepping for exams (and where to get past exams) Chad MacInsiders Announcements 9 11-16-2011 09:12 PM

Cramming for exams

Old 12-12-2013 at 02:03 AM   #1
ta2012

Liked: 36 Times

Cramming for exams
Does anyone wanna share your cramming tips/techniques?

I have 4 exams coming up and although I've roughly gone through all the post-midterm materials, I haven't even touched pre-midterm materials.
Because most exams tend to have more emphasis on the post-midterm stuff, that's kind of all I'm preparing for, but I'm really worried about the stuff I did a long time ago.

How do you deal with pre-midterm materials?
Old 12-12-2013
Suspect
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 12-12-2013 at 07:47 AM   #2
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

Cramming for exams is usually not a great idea especially when you have a lot of information coming in. But if you really want to know how to deal with pre-midterm materials, what I usually do is divided up the contents the entire course and dedicate studying for one part in one day and another set the next day and so on. You can do this will all of your classes. Depending on how many days in between your each exam, you really have to focus studying for all of them with no distractions (if that's even possible...)
Old 12-12-2013 at 10:39 AM   #3
lsparrow1

Liked: 10 Times

I tend not to focus as much on the pre-midterm materials anyway just because I was already tested on it. Just do you best to go through the material, and it should come back to you pretty easily assuming you already studied it well.

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you not to cram.. but try not to next time! It's really hard to remember material well when you study for 4 different subjects at the same time a couple nights before.

Best of luck!
Old 12-12-2013 at 11:55 AM   #4
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

To be honest this is course-dependent. Some courses are so dense (material-wise) that you have to spend quite a bit reviewing the other (pre-midterm) material.
It also depends on how much you studied for the midterms. You might find out that you still remember a lot of the material!

Personally if i remember a lot from the old stuff, i don't give it a lot of time, i just do 1-2 homework/assignment questions from each chapter and then focus on the post-midterm material.
Old 12-12-2013 at 12:44 PM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Professors usually make it a point to mention which material is focused on the exam. Some courses have pre-midterm material as the base material which you need to know further stuff, some test all equally, some ignore pre-midterm stuff COMPLETELY. Very rarely have I been surprised with what is on the final, especially math or bio-type courses.