MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Safety shoes sashana Introduce Yourself 1 10-02-2010 03:52 PM
Running Shoes??! Skye First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-09-2010 02:02 PM
Creating a Positive Space for the LGBTQ Community AdamKuhn General Discussion 30 03-03-2010 02:48 PM
Revolution Wear: Creating Change and Re-using Everything michbitran Misc 0 02-03-2008 01:33 PM
Revolution Wear – Creating Change and Reusing Everything michbitran General Discussion 1 01-18-2008 02:55 PM

Creating my own shoes

Old 11-10-2010 at 09:00 PM   #1
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Creating my own shoes
I've been interested in creating my own shoes for a while now, due to having an extremely small shoe size and my options being very limited and because of a lack of good selection for shoes even if they don't fit.

What I'm interested in is CREATING my own skate shoe(s) (not designing... I know that Etnies allows you to customize their shoes, but even then, the options are VERY limited).

I'm wondering if anyone has any idea on where to begin. I was thinking of maybe contacting a manufacturer of skate shoes and finding out if they take custom designs (or something) but that seems overwhelming.

I guess at this time I'm more talk than game but I think this would be pretty nifty. xD

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-10-2010 at 09:27 PM   #2
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

I like my women to have large feet

I guess that means you're out

Old 11-10-2010 at 09:28 PM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Thanks for the insight.

Old 11-10-2010 at 09:29 PM   #4
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Any time

I mean, tiny feet aren't so bad, I guess I could get your toes into my mouth easier but what's the fun in that

bcars likes this.
Old 11-10-2010 at 09:31 PM   #5
mcmull19

Liked: 6 Times

you can do anything with duct tape

Old 11-10-2010 at 11:03 PM   #6
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

The only thing I know is what I quickly read from this site: http://www.ehow.com/how_4732511_own-shoes.html

Good luck!

lawleypop says thanks to AlienSummer for this post.
Old 11-10-2010 at 11:06 PM   #7
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

I honestly think you'd need to have to find someone on the inside and help them figure something out.
It's going to be extremely difficult to find someone to essentially help you make your shoe from scratch.

lawleypop says thanks to Cliu91 for this post.
Old 11-10-2010 at 11:29 PM   #8
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Old 11-10-2010
Souldier
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 11-10-2010 at 11:37 PM   #9
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Stop trolling.

Last edited by Marlowe : 11-11-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-10-2010 at 11:37 PM   #10
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttk View Post
Stop trolling.
Learn the definition of trolling.
Old 11-10-2010 at 11:41 PM   #11
paulswi

Liked: 5 Times

"Please sir put some shoes on."

“What you don’t like my bags?”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shoes.jpg (44.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 11-11-2010 at 12:16 AM   #12
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I've been interested in creating my own shoes for a while now, due to having an extremely small shoe size and my options being very limited and because of a lack of good selection for shoes even if they don't fit.

What I'm interested in is CREATING my own skate shoe(s) (not designing... I know that Etnies allows you to customize their shoes, but even then, the options are VERY limited).

I'm wondering if anyone has any idea on where to begin. I was thinking of maybe contacting a manufacturer of skate shoes and finding out if they take custom designs (or something) but that seems overwhelming.

I guess at this time I'm more talk than game but I think this would be pretty nifty. xD

Thanks for any help you can provide.
you know what they say about girls with small feet....they be like damn you got some small feet
Old 11-11-2010 at 02:51 AM   #13
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Not sure how small your feet are but FootLocker has the widest range of shoe sizes. They have some expensive branded shoes for toddlers even?

Also, try asian manufacturers and websites(especially Hong Kong). They usually have smaller sizes to my knowledge, for example at a smuggled/imported goods market in Pakistan the largest size they had was like 9-10 for males. Plus I think they might have some unique choices as well!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

lawleypop says thanks to huzaifa47 for this post.
Old 11-11-2010 at 05:37 AM   #14
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Not shoe company, shoe manufacturer.
And that's what the only insight that google provided to me, so not really my idea to begin with. Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Not sure how small your feet are but FootLocker has the widest range of shoe sizes. They have some expensive branded shoes for toddlers even?

Also, try asian manufacturers and websites(especially Hong Kong). They usually have smaller sizes to my knowledge, for example at a smuggled/imported goods market in Pakistan the largest size they had was like 9-10 for males. Plus I think they might have some unique choices as well!
It's not just about the size either. It's about a lack of selection. I've bought the same shoe 5 times in the span of 1.5 years because they're the only brand to come out with decent colors. I want something that comes out with something sick more than once every few months.

(bit of a shoe fetish. see: image)

Quote:
I honestly think you'd need to have to find someone on the inside and help them figure something out.
It's going to be extremely difficult to find someone to essentially help you make your shoe from scratch.
Agreed, hence why I was posting on here. Was curious to see if anyone had ever tried anything similar.

My best bet is to find a workshop, I think... dunno where the hell I'd find one of those though, lol.

Last edited by Marlowe : 11-11-2010 at 03:04 PM.