MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dorm Sleepovers During Welcome Week JasyJ925 Residence & Housing 9 08-25-2010 12:01 PM

cutlerly in dorm???

Old 08-23-2010 at 09:56 PM   #1
fusionorchid

Liked: 6 Times

cutlerly in dorm???
Hi, I just wanted to ask and see if anyone knew if we were allowed to have cutlery in our rooms? I have a habit of cutting up my apples before i eat them...so i was wondering if we're allowed to have a knife in our room for cooking in the shared kitchenette? I was planning to bring a multipurpose knife (can be folded when stored), and a few eating utensils...
Old 08-23-2010 at 10:04 PM   #2
JL37

Liked: 5 Times

Ya I see no problem in that. I mean as long as you don't leave it out wide in the open with red juice on it, it should be good
Old 08-24-2010 at 01:13 AM   #3
mudathto

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionorchid View Post
Hi, I just wanted to ask and see if anyone knew if we were allowed to have cutlery in our rooms? I have a habit of cutting up my apples before i eat them...so i was wondering if we're allowed to have a knife in our room for cooking in the shared kitchenette? I was planning to bring a multipurpose knife (can be folded when stored), and a few eating utensils...
Meh, near the end of the year, you'll probably have a good amount of stolen Commons' cutlery anyway.
Old 08-24-2010 at 01:15 AM   #4
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

well we pay a $40 stealing fee or something, might as well get wut u pay for
Old 08-24-2010 at 01:28 AM   #5
logans

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHEDDENITE View Post
well we pay a $40 stealing fee or something, might as well get wut u pay for
probably wouldn't have to pay a $40 stealing fee anymore if we didnt keep taking what we pay for
Old 08-24-2010 at 01:58 AM   #6
cocchiarella

Liked: 24 Times

haha this is really funny. ok, here is something you will hopefully learn very quickly once you come to university: you are now in grow up land where people assume you are responsible enough to use a knife to eat. if you get in trouble for something, they arent calling your parents, its you who has to deal with stuff. No one tells you to go to class or do your homework or go to bed. you arent in kansas...er highschool anymore
Old 08-24-2010 at 10:06 PM   #7
smolly

Liked: 0 Times

I bought a set of cutlery and dishes. I know my boyfriend found having cutlery and his own dishes useful, especially for left overs or his own food and I figure that I can use it when I have my own house too
Old 08-24-2010 at 10:25 PM   #8
BuzzZero

Liked: 2 Times

I brought cutleries with me. Although i did end up using mostly Commons forks and knifes. But still, it never hurts to have them.
Old 08-24-2010 at 11:01 PM   #9
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by logans View Post
probably wouldn't have to pay a $40 stealing fee anymore if we didnt keep taking what we pay for
well if they give me a refund i wont stal from them hahaa