MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cutlerly in dorm??? fusionorchid Residence & Housing 8 08-24-2010 11:01 PM
Anybody know why university reading week a week earlier than college? TTHX General Discussion 11 01-08-2010 03:44 PM
Welcome Week Day One lorend MacInsiders Announcements 6 08-30-2008 11:37 AM
Welcome Week/Frosh Week Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-04-2008 05:30 PM
This Week In The Sil Chad MacInsiders Announcements 5 04-08-2008 10:58 AM

Dorm Sleepovers During Welcome Week

Old 08-24-2010 at 12:17 AM   #1
JasyJ925

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Dorm Sleepovers During Welcome Week
Hey guys, hopefully this will clear up some uncertainty...
So I live like a 15 minute drive from campus, thus I won't be living on campus this year; but on welcome week I was planning on staying in a friend's single dorm for the week.
Is that allowed or are there no sleep overs admitted during welcome week?
I just think it would be more convenient for me to stay on campus for welcome week than commute back and forth.

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2010 at 12:18 AM   #2
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

u cant :( sorry no guests allowed during welcome week or exam time

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 08-24-2010 at 12:20 AM   #3
JasyJ925

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by noor_toglaw View Post
alright then!
thanks for the reply!
Old 08-24-2010 at 01:34 AM   #4
logans

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by noor_toglaw View Post
what about guests that dont sleep over? like friends visiting from other unis?
Old 08-24-2010 at 01:54 AM   #5
cocchiarella

Liked: 24 Times

here is the deal: CAs will set up a front desk in the entrance of the building around 8 or 9pm and will be there till 2-3 am. if you bring someone in before this time or after this time they wont know if you have a guest there. but there is so much sweet stuff going on at night that you will most likely want to go to those events as opposed to hiding in your room harboring stowaways. also, god forbid there is a fire alarm, they check your ids coming back into the building so your guest is going to have to sleep in the student center.
Old 08-24-2010 at 10:34 AM   #6
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

You can always go in early (before the front desk staff start checking). You'll have to stay in the building though until 2-3.

Old 08-24-2010 at 10:42 AM   #7
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

This is diappionting as I wanted to go to Academix and have no wayof getting home.But as long as they leave at three and theres no fire alarm.
Old 08-24-2010 at 11:24 AM   #8
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
This is diappionting as I wanted to go to Academix and have no wayof getting home.But as long as they leave at three and theres no fire alarm.
Just stay in the student center for the night; alternatively, stay and do something until 2-3ish, and then go to the dorm to crash. It's really not that big of a deal.

Old 08-25-2010 at 11:01 AM   #9
nila*

Liked: 52 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
The event to probably going to go until 2 or 3 anyway. So I think you'll be fine

And people sleep on the couches in the student centre all the time, just go up to the second or third floors
Old 08-25-2010 at 12:01 PM   #10
JL37

Liked: 5 Times

Ya its not that bad. My friend and I did the same thing last year. Most likely you'll be partying/doing whatever until 3 am at night anyways, then you can go back to the room!