MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advanced social/dating skills development TheSocial Dating & Relationships 15 06-06-2011 12:51 PM
End Goal Of Dating? Desda Dating & Relationships 279 12-09-2010 03:27 PM
Dating sites Katia Dating & Relationships 70 04-20-2010 01:31 PM
MacInsiders Articles on Dating Chad CLOSED: Dating & Relationships 0 06-18-2008 09:21 AM
Some Dating Ideas… lorend Misc 4 09-30-2007 04:42 PM

Dating advice

Old 06-21-2011 at 12:50 AM   #16
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
I don't understand... everytime I look at your posts it says under your name "account disabled by user" yet you keep writing stuff all the time.

Am I missing something here?
Epic hacks...what can I say?

Afzal, anonanon987 like this.
Old 06-21-2011 at 09:00 AM   #17
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Her account actually isn't disabled...she just changed what it says underneath her name by purchasing it.

Desda, L'Étoile like this.
Old 06-23-2011 at 06:35 AM   #18
Chris98

Liked: 51 Times

For guys:

Step 1. Cut your hair.

Step 2. Have at least a bit of fashion sense. If you have a sister, get her to tell you what looks good.

Step 3. If you're shy, this can be a good thing. It makes you "mysterious" and less of a jackass (very important if the girl has been..umm..."loose" in the past).

Step 4. Chivalry goes a long way. Opening doors, saying "thank you", giving a small gift (ie a single flower), genuinly complimenting her, etc. Just don't seem desparate.

Step 5. Follow the above, and there's a 90% chance the girl falls in love with you.

(Note: the above is assuming you are not completely hideous. Hey, I don't make the rules..)

Old 06-23-2011 at 08:54 AM   #19
sexytuna

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris98 View Post

(Note: the above is assuming you are not completely hideous. Hey, I don't make the rules..)
This made me lols.

Also, I very much agree with your 1-5
Old 06-29-2011 at 05:08 PM   #20
kyle123

Liked: 1 Time

only way to meet girl is that to sit beside girls as many times as you can get

Afzal likes this.
Old 06-29-2011 at 05:12 PM   #21
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
For guys:

Step 1. Cut your hair.

Step 2. Have at least a bit of fashion sense. If you have a sister, get her to tell you what looks good.

Step 3. If you're shy, this can be a good thing. It makes you "mysterious" and less of a jackass (very important if the girl has been..umm..."loose" in the past).

Step 4. Chivalry goes a long way. Opening doors, saying "thank you", giving a small gift (ie a single flower), genuinly complimenting her, etc. Just don't seem desparate.

Step 5. Follow the above, and there's a 90% chance the girl falls in love with you.

This seems to work. I guess there could be other stuff I did, but those 5 steps are definitely things I did, and I've been with the same girl for just over a year now, and it's fairly excellent.
Old 06-30-2011 at 01:28 AM   #22
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Quote:
For guys:

Step 1. Cut your hair.
How short?

Quote:
If you're shy you tend not to meet enough women or make moves when you do.

Quote:
Chivalry has never gotten me anywhere with women.

Quote:
Lol no.

Quote:
Oh wait nvm. My bad guys continue on.

Old 06-30-2011 at 07:04 PM   #23
francis

Liked: 0 Times

still havent met anyone :S
Old 06-30-2011 at 08:50 PM   #24
Andrew A
Elite Member

Calm down, you asked for advice like a week ago. It took me almost 18 years to find someone I liked. Just wait, things tend to work out if you're patient.

Afzal, dreamer21 like this.
Old 06-30-2011 at 08:57 PM   #25
Jason036

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle123 View Post
only way to meet girl is that to sit beside girls as many times as you can get
Still trying to figure out what you meant.

I'm done trying.
Old 07-02-2011 at 01:14 AM   #26
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
For guys:

Step 1. Cut your hair.

I agree with everything except Step 3.

Being too shy is often the difference between having a long, fulfilling relationship with a woman you love and having a conversation, years later, with a "friend" about why you two never dated even though you seemed perfectly compatible.

adaptation, Afzal like this.
Old 07-02-2011 at 01:23 AM   #27
dumbconsumer

Damn the gender of many of the posters above is totally vague, usually on threads like this I ignore everything men have to say and take notes like crazy when a female responds.
I'm okay with saying that though because if other men are like me they likely never read this post anyways.

fusionorchid likes this.
Old 07-02-2011 at 01:59 AM   #28
fusionorchid

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Damn the gender of many of the posters above is totally vague, usually on threads like this I ignore everything men have to say and take notes like crazy when a female responds.

take notes on what girls have to say, but remember that every girl is different. There's not always one universal rule that works for everyone.

be caring but not annoying, confident but not cocky, smile, and just be yourself. There's not many things that are a bigger turn off than pretending to be someone you're not. If the basis for a relationship is based off of a lie, then it's just a time bomb waiting to explode sooner or later.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 07-02-2011 at 03:49 AM   #29
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbconsumer View Post
I'm okay with saying that though because if other men are like me they likely never read this post anyways.
Desda is a guy and Tailsnake is a chick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
If you want to get a lay, you just point at one, demean her a little, and tell her you love her. Then she'll do anything to make sure you keep loving her.
Only asian chicks. :p
Old 07-02-2011 at 10:14 AM   #30
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbconsumer View Post
That's why you check their profile by clicking on their username or their avatar for their gender.

...well, it's usually right. As long as I have been on MI, the only one that wasn't was Freya.