MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dating sites Katia Dating & Relationships 70 04-20-2010 01:31 PM
MacInsiders Articles on Dating Chad CLOSED: Dating & Relationships 0 06-18-2008 09:21 AM
Some Dating Ideas… lorend Misc 4 09-30-2007 04:42 PM

End Goal Of Dating?

Old 09-16-2010 at 12:46 AM   #1
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

End Goal Of Dating?
The end goal of dating is marriage. With that being said, you should get to know someone before you start dating them. And when problems arise, the two of you should try to solve it. After all, a relationship should take commitment and time.

But the thing is, a lot of people talk about how "experience" is important. Is it?

Share your thoughts!

Off-topic: is my favourite icon.
Old 09-16-2010 at 12:53 AM   #2
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
The end goal of dating is marriage.
from a female perspective,sure.

Old 09-16-2010 at 01:24 AM   #3
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

^ What is that suppose to mean? "From a female prospective." There are guys who think like that too.

Care to explain the "male prospective then? -.-
Old 09-16-2010 at 01:45 AM   #4
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Marriage doesn't work in today's society. Infidelity is on the rise and will only keep increasing, divorce is inevitable. Before someone says, "bu bu my grandparents have been happily married for over 70 years!" You have to realize that those were different times back then.
Old 09-16-2010 at 06:11 AM   #5
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Yup, there are no alternatives to marriage. None whatsoever.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-16-2010 at 06:27 AM   #6
Serene
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

For most of the time, all I can think of is free food. *hint/nudge*
Old 09-16-2010 at 06:44 AM   #7
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

"Its the journey thats important, not the end goal."

or some sappy shat like that?
Old 09-16-2010 at 07:51 AM   #8
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post

Off-topic: is my favourite icon.
Mine is
Old 09-16-2010 at 08:05 AM   #9
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

I would like to be married at some point, and that's coming from a person with separated parents. I don't know if my views would be different if I hadn't been dating someone for several years now, but it's definitely difficult to reach that kind of point I would think, especially at our age. Guys our age most likely aren't thinking of marriage, some of them are obviously, but not as many. These are more important things to consider when we're older.

That said, yeah, experience is really important. Getting to know someone and becoming comfortable with them is probably one of the best phases of the relationship.
Old 09-16-2010 at 08:06 AM   #10
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

lol well i like just going with the flow, i dont like to think too far ahead and complicate matters with thoughts like "oh is she the one.... i think imma marry her" cause that just ends up messing things up in the relationship its not something worth thinking about until you've dated for maybe 3 years or so at our age i think... personally when i date a girl i just want to have a good time, make sum memories, get to know her and in general juts have fun
well that i want at start in a relationship anyways after like a few years then talking about marriage and stuff shouldn't be tooo bad
Old 09-16-2010 at 08:14 AM   #11
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

for most guys end point is to get laid. for others like me it is just to always make them happy

Old 09-16-2010 at 08:18 AM   #12
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
for most guys end point is to get laid. for others like me it is just to always make them happy
i agree thatz what most guys mainly want but i dunno now im noticing in uni guys are also trying to get a lil more serious with girls (other than the obvious just party like crazy with no worries dudes lol). like im just looking for a proper gurl to have good time with... and its acutally pretty hard to find

Last edited by bloodywarz : 09-16-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-16-2010 at 08:44 AM   #13
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
for most guys end point is to get laid=
Old 09-16-2010 at 08:59 AM   #14
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Liked: 141 Times

Hm....

First of all, marriage, in the Western sense, is a social construct dating back to the Middle Ages, where it was used primarily as a method of marrying off the daughters of rich, fat noblemen to other rich, fat noblemen or their pampered sons. So really, when we talk about the "institution of marriage", we're talking about an archaic system of formulating inter-familial alliances which has subjugated women for centuries, and that has now somehow been hideously sewed onto the emotional concept of love. But romance has nothing to do with it!

A relationship, in my opinion, is a different thing entirely. That is what really matters and what is actually real. I think we can abandon this exploitative mechanism that is marriage and move on to better things.

Oy vey!

(disclaimer: my opinions may or may not be interpreted as a ranting excursus, but that's just my two cents)

Old 09-16-2010 at 09:00 AM   #15
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
meh understandable

VastHorizon says thanks to bloodywarz for this post.