MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dating advice francis Dating & Relationships 29 07-02-2011 10:14 AM
End Goal Of Dating? Desda Dating & Relationships 279 12-09-2010 03:27 PM
Dating sites Katia Dating & Relationships 70 04-20-2010 01:31 PM
MacInsiders Articles on Dating Chad CLOSED: Dating & Relationships 0 06-18-2008 09:21 AM
Some Dating Ideas… lorend Misc 4 09-30-2007 04:42 PM

Dating In General

Members have rated post #302256 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 01-18-2012 at 07:18 PM   #16
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Be yourself.

jim1 likes this.
Old 01-18-2012 at 11:13 PM   #17
Phantom

Liked: 48 Times

Honestly be yourself, when you're putting too much effort into a conversation, it shows right up, which is not very attractive.

Can I suggest something interlinked with being yourself? Let loose on the humour part, honestly everyone loves a humourous person not just girls. It's easy to talk to someone who is funny, easy-going, and accepting of other people's ideas.

I have a friend who is not the hottest guy around but he is funny as hell and very easy going and laid back and he always has girls after him. He doesn't act funny on purpose either, he is always being himself.
Old 01-19-2012 at 02:02 AM   #18
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

I just got back from a very eventful night at climax, and met a suuuuuuper cute girl. What have YOU done to find a girl lately?

Old 01-19-2012 at 07:23 AM   #19
DragonBorn

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno V View Post
I just got back from a very eventful night at climax, and met a suuuuuuper cute girl. What have YOU done to find a girl lately?
Yeah but it's unlikely she'll return your texts/calls.

Afzal likes this.
Old 01-19-2012 at 10:38 AM   #20
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBorn View Post
There isn't enough data to make that conclusion.
Old 01-19-2012 at 11:41 AM   #21
Reno V

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBorn View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way, but please don't push your own self limiting beliefs onto others.

Are you speaking from experience or is this arm-chair theorizing? If you are speaking from experience, what is your sample size? 1? 10? 1000? Get more reference experiences and you wont have those self defeating tendencies.

Become an amazing man, and she'll be the one anticipating your texts/calls.

Peace Out

Note: My previous post was meant to be a little tounge-in-cheek. I wasn't bragging or anything but rather giving the op something to leverage so that he can take action and have his own adventures. I am a bit of a narcissist though so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

Old 01-19-2012 at 11:47 AM   #22
Reno V

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSimon View Post
Be yourself.
I couldn't agree more although I will add something. Be your BEST self. Don't be afraid to showcase your personality. It's what makes you unique and attractive. Be willing to be wounded. Be willing to be embarrassed. Just be normal.

People sometimes hear "Be yourself", and they think that if they just continue what they're doing, i.e. not talking to anyone, playing xbox all day and not having any hobbies, that they'll magically land a girlfriend.

The absurdity here should be apparent without any elaboration.

Old 01-19-2012 at 01:11 PM   #23
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno V View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way, but please don't push your own self limiting beliefs onto others.

Are you speaking from experience or is this arm-chair theorizing? If you are speaking from experience, what is your sample size? 1? 10? 1000? Get more reference experiences and you wont have those self defeating tendencies.

Become an amazing man, and she'll be the one anticipating your texts/calls.

Peace Out

Note: My previous post was meant to be a little tounge-in-cheek. I wasn't bragging or anything but rather giving the op something to leverage so that he can take action and have his own adventures. I am a bit of a narcissist though so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

Silver likes this.
Old 01-21-2012 at 04:05 PM   #24
superkrae

Liked: 0 Times

Try online dating! I've heard from some friends of mine that okcupid.com actually has a fair amount of mac students on it and the people they've been chatting too are interesting, nice and good looking people!
Old 01-22-2012 at 08:32 PM   #25
Scarecrow
Dr. Crane

Liked: 89 Times

Reno_V, you sound like a virgin.

Reno V says thanks to Scarecrow for this post.

Reno V, Silver, xo.monica like this.
Old 01-22-2012 at 09:29 PM   #26
nomchock

Liked: 31 Times

step 1: be attractive
step 2: don't be unattractive
Old 01-22-2012 at 10:26 PM   #27
exuberant888

Liked: 55 Times

This is kind of unrelated, but if this girl is always wanting to study together with me (even though she has smarter friends in that class), is she interested?
Old 01-22-2012 at 10:33 PM   #28
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Every time this thread gets bumped, someone new logs into Chat and is disappointed.

Snowman likes this.
Old 01-22-2012 at 10:51 PM   #29
dreamer21

Liked: 69 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by exuberant888 View Post
This is kind of unrelated, but if this girl is always wanting to study together with me (even though she has smarter friends in that class), is she interested?
More than likely, yes she is

Desda likes this.