Exams in May? cowcow Academics 5 04-01-2009 09:17 PM
2 exams on same day =( kenvin100 Academics 13 12-04-2008 05:07 PM

Defferering 2 exams

Old 12-21-2010 at 01:53 PM   #1
ali999

Liked: 0 Times

Defferering 2 exams
Hi,

I have somewhat of an issue and am hoping that perhaps someone here can help me out. Last week I had an exam but I accidentally got the time it was at wrong and ended up missing it. I already talked to the engineering dept about it and got approval from the dean for the deferral. However, today I have another exam tonight but I am not going to be able to write it due to illness. I know I need a doctors note so I have an appointment tonight to get that. I am however concerned that the engineering dept might get suspicious about me deferring two exams within a term...even though my reasons are legitimate. Does anybody know anything about this? Thanks.
Old 12-21-2010 at 01:58 PM   #2
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

In all honesty, they really could care less. Just try to go to a "legitimate" doctor as possible.

Best of luck.
Old 12-21-2010 at 02:05 PM   #3
ali999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
In all honesty, they really could care less. Just try to go to a "legitimate" doctor as possible.

Best of luck.
I'm going to the campus clinic so im not really too concerned about that...im just worried the eng department might think that i'm just saying this to try and get out of exams seeing how i already deferred one last week.
Old 12-21-2010 at 02:13 PM   #4
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali999 View Post
I'm going to the campus clinic so im not really too concerned about that...im just worried the eng department might think that i'm just saying this to try and get out of exams seeing how i already deferred one last week.
they probably will think that, if at all possible you should just try to write it and avoid the hassle.

danallan likes this.
Old 12-21-2010 at 02:15 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I don't think it'll be a problem especially since they're for 2 different reasons. But you could talk to an advisor tomorrow just to get it all sorted out.
Old 12-21-2010 at 02:17 PM   #6
ali999

Well i would write it except i've spent all day in bed and so haven't really been able to study much...writing it now would basically mean failing so i don't really have much choice. besides i still have another exam tomorrow so i figured i should try and study for that tonight instead
Old 12-21-2010 at 06:55 PM   #7
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

I don't know what the rules are for eng, but for science if you defer 2 or more exams they reserve the right to make you reduce your courseload for next term. You should definitely look into that.
Old 12-21-2010 at 07:19 PM   #8
ali999

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
I don't know what the rules are for eng, but for science if you defer 2 or more exams they reserve the right to make you reduce your courseload for next term. You should definitely look into that.
thanks but im not too concerned about that. I feel that rule is there for people who abuse the system. I have a legitimate reason and have a doctors note saying so. I guess i will find out tomorrow.
Old 12-21-2010 at 07:49 PM   #9
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
thanks but im not too concerned about that. I feel that rule is there for people who abuse the system. I have a legitimate reason and have a doctors note saying so. I guess i will find out tomorrow.
I don't think so...I think it's more because writing multiple exams on top of a full course load is difficult.
Old 12-21-2010 at 08:01 PM   #10
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Well i would write it except i've spent all day in bed and so haven't really been able to study much...writing it now would basically mean failing so i don't really have much choice. besides i still have another exam tomorrow so i figured i should try and study for that tonight instead
So spending all day in bed means you can't study for tonight's exam but you can study for tomorrow's exam.

And really, not being able to study for one day makes you that much less prepared for an exam?

Convenient sickness, just sayin'.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

danallan likes this.
Old 12-21-2010 at 08:39 PM   #11
ali999

well i planned to review some old stuff as well as to write the crib sheet that was needed for this exam...i got a chance to do none of those...as for tomorrow's exam, it is easier than this one and its not till the evening so yea...i want to try and write it
Old 12-21-2010 at 08:44 PM   #12
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

You're going to write 3TP4 tomorrow but not writing tonight? Why didn't you write the one tonight? Are you getting better all of a sudden? I don't get it.
Old 12-21-2010 at 09:01 PM   #13
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

lol.

What's with all the people accusing you, it is none of their business and just rude.

If your going to answer and say anything, make sure it's what OP is asking about.

Anyways, I honestly would not worry about it too much since the reasons are unrelated. Like, if you were sick both times then yeah something might be up and sounds fishy lol but that's not the case.

As long as you get the doctor note with a legitimate reason, your golden. Don't stress about it.

Get better your almost done.

Rakim, ~*Sara*~ like this.