MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toronto Airport- Hamilton transportation Judit Automotive & Transportation 1 08-26-2012 07:16 AM
Transportation to Toronto Pearson jntyrhds General Discussion 8 04-04-2011 10:47 AM
Bus to Hamilton GO on a Saturday morning MarissaK General Discussion 3 11-28-2009 12:00 AM

Desperate for transportation to Toronto in the EARLY morning (Saturday, November 4th)

Old 10-25-2012 at 04:15 PM   #1
shmalex

Liked: 0 Times

Desperate for transportation to Toronto in the EARLY morning (Saturday, November 4th)
Hi there,
My train to Ottawa leaves from Union Station at 6:40 am on Saturday morning. The problem is that the earliest bus from Hamilton to Union leaves at 7:00 am on Saturdays.

I've checked the Greyhound schedules, Coach Canada, etc. with no luck. Is there any way to get from Hamilton to Union by 6:20-6:30 am on a Saturday morning? If anybody is driving down at that time, I'd be more than willing to compensate for gas.

Alternatively, is there any other way to get from Hamilton to Ottawa for around noon?

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2012 at 04:25 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmalex View Post
Hi there,
My train to Ottawa leaves from Union Station at 6:40 am on Saturday morning. The problem is that the earliest bus from Hamilton to Union leaves at 7:00 am on Saturdays.

I've checked the Greyhound schedules, Coach Canada, etc. with no luck. Is there any way to get from Hamilton to Union by 6:20-6:30 am on a Saturday morning? If anybody is driving down at that time, I'd be more than willing to compensate for gas.

Alternatively, is there any other way to get from Hamilton to Ottawa for around noon?

Thanks!
The earliest bus leaves from Hamilton GO at 5:30am (or King&Dundurn at 5:37am) and arrives at Union at 6:35am, according to the GO website. I don't know if that helps you any since it's cutting your transfer pretty close, but if you can move the train to Ottawa back even a little bit that might help - I don't know how frequently those run.

Edit: Also, November 4th is a Sunday. The Saturday is November 3.

cutey130 likes this.
Old 10-25-2012 at 07:38 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Leave the night before? I've slept in random places before because of transit schedules, lol, its fun; bring a book
Old 10-25-2012 at 09:49 PM   #4
Phaint
Account Locked

Liked: 131 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
The earliest bus leaves from Hamilton GO at 5:30am (or King&Dundurn at 5:37am) and arrives at Union at 6:35am, according to the GO website. I don't know if that helps you any since it's cutting your transfer pretty close, but if you can move the train to Ottawa back even a little bit that might help - I don't know how frequently those run.

Edit: Also, November 4th is a Sunday. The Saturday is November 3.
I don't think any Hamilton busses will be running downtown at that time (or am I wrong?).
Old 10-25-2012 at 10:14 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaint View Post
I don't think any Hamilton busses will be running downtown at that time (or am I wrong?).
I don't know about HSR schedule, but that's why I also posted the King & Dundurn time...you can walk there if need be.
Of course, you can walk downtown too, but assuming you live near McMaster, King & Dundurn is closer
Old 10-25-2012 at 10:17 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

In all honesty, being able to use the HOV lane is sometimes a huge advantage for some commuters; maybe post on kijiji for this sort of thing? May seem kind of silly, but hey...

Entropy likes this.
Old 10-25-2012 at 10:53 PM   #7
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

I try kijiji or even leaving at the last bus from Hamilton to Union so you at least get there late Saturday. sleep it off in the station for a while esp if you don't have alot of luggage . Dont know if Union actually closes the building itself .

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/f-communit...re-W0QQCatIdZ5

EDIT:Next time you can even save money by direectly going there. Someone left tonight and was only charging 35 if you dont mind being with a random stranger
Old 10-26-2012 at 01:59 AM   #8
sherloki

Liked: 3 Times

Friend of the OP here! I don't think she can move the train back because she needs to be back in Ottawa for an event. Also can't leave the night before because she works at guest registration until 3:00 am and can't get it off (awful situation, I know.)

The 5:30 GO bus doesn't show up in the current paper schedule, and a woman at Compass said it must not run any more or something.

Kijiji might be a good bet if someone's willing to leave quite early Saturday morning. Thanks a ton everyone!
Old 10-26-2012 at 09:00 AM   #9
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherloki View Post
Friend of the OP here! I don't think she can move the train back because she needs to be back in Ottawa for an event. Also can't leave the night before because she works at guest registration until 3:00 am and can't get it off (awful situation, I know.)

The 5:30 GO bus doesn't show up in the current paper schedule, and a woman at Compass said it must not run any more or something.

Kijiji might be a good bet if someone's willing to leave quite early Saturday morning. Thanks a ton everyone!
The 5:30 GO bus shows up on the online schedule as of Sept 1 2012, so maybe the paper ones are old.
Calling in sick to guest registration is also an option.
And, if you're really desperate, you could get a taxi.
Old 11-17-2012 at 12:54 AM   #10
GlenRoberts

Liked: 0 Times

Why don't you let your stuff to get transported by any shipping company? and then you may leave thereafter with ease. Visit citizenshipper.com and ask for as per your need.
Old 11-17-2012 at 06:50 PM   #11
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenRoberts View Post
Why don't you let your stuff to get transported by any shipping company? and then you may leave thereafter with ease. Visit citizenshipper.com and ask for as per your need.

two weeks later

then again.. that may have just been for promo

Afsha-noon, Ownaginatios like this.
Old 01-08-2013 at 07:34 AM   #12
Taragirl

Liked: Liked 3 Times

nice and I am very like read it

Old 01-08-2013 at 08:54 AM   #13
biglandfarm

Liked: 66 Times

leave the night before. find some where to sleep
Old 01-15-2013 at 10:58 PM   #14