MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harper struggles for a "Fox News North" Shmowen Movies & Television 15 09-04-2010 08:01 PM
Why I am happy I voted for Harper, and not Obama. deadpool General Discussion 26 02-16-2009 06:18 PM

What did Harper do?

Old 04-16-2011 at 10:12 AM   #31
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

ya liberals:

-consituion act 1982
-medical care act 1966
-prevented Quebec from separating

just to name a few......

When you think about great prime minister who comes to mind?

-laurier
-pearson
-king
-trudeau ( i know some will debate this guy)

Guess what all liberals

To be fair the conservatives (type parties) haven't be in power long enough in history to make a larger difference

But isn't it funny the previous "conservative type party" in power, mulroony's government, also went to shame towards the end (biggest defeat in history. If i remember rightly from xxx seats to 1).

Think about it.
even though i'm a liberal by heart I would really love to see the ndp in power. jack layton looks like he would make a kickass prime minister

Last edited by thedog123123 : 04-16-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2011 at 10:46 AM   #32
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I'll correct you on that slightly. I believe after the election the Conservatives then had 2 seats. Not 1.
Old 04-16-2011 at 11:01 AM   #33
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
I'll correct you on that slightly. I believe after the election the Conservatives then had 2 seats. Not 1.
thank you. I think the main point is that they had an overwhelming majority in parliament....for not having seats.

mike_302 likes this.
Old 04-16-2011 at 11:21 AM   #34
mike_302
Elite Member

I'm just waiting for a post similar to the following, to appear:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misspolitics View Post
We are a world leader economically for one reason only: the conservative government.:smile_cof fee:
Old 04-16-2011 at 11:46 AM   #35
Misspolitics

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
I'm just waiting for a post similar to the following, to appear:
No, and I will not say something that includes swearing, refusing to answer a question or saying that my party has done nothing wrong. That is very uncivilized. However, if you want to go into the past. The conservatives, in 1984 won 211 seats. The most in Canadian history.
Old 04-16-2011 at 11:54 AM   #36
mike_302
Elite Member

You left a part of that quote out... you left your own statement out... Let me help you out on that one.
Quote:
We are a world leader economically for one reason only: the conservative government.:smile_cof fee:
Old 04-16-2011 at 12:00 PM   #37
Misspolitics

Quote:
You left a part of that quote out... you left your own statement out... Let me help you out on that one.
no matter. People should look up quotations on their own. That's the problem with elections..especially with young voters. They expect people to provide information to them. They refuse to do their own research. all you have to do is scroll up maybe 3 inches, and you will have the answer. and btw, I like how you ignored the part about the 1984 election. very classy.
Old 04-16-2011 at 12:04 PM   #38
mike_302
Elite Member

When are you going to realize I've already responded to this? And why do you need me to comment on the number of Conservatives elected in 1984? And why are you "bringing up the past" when your first statement in this thread was about not bringing up the past, but looking forward?

Let me answer that once more: Hypocrites, they're hypocritical.
Old 04-16-2011 at 12:20 PM   #39
mike_302
Elite Member

Not that Misspolitics will understand the difference between the government she wants to give a promotion to, and a government that was voted out and restructured over nearly 7 years, or understand the concept of hypocrisy, but others on here might.

And although I wouldn't agree with the statement about the Conservatives "calling cancer sexy", because I know that one was taken our of context, the rest of the points in this video are based off far more than a grain of truth, and are exactly why "The Harper Government" should be renamed back to "The Canadian Government", and the Conservatives taken out of power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-1R-...r _detailpage
Old 04-16-2011 at 12:59 PM   #40
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Quote:
no matter. People should look up quotations on their own. That's the problem with elections..especially with young voters. They expect people to provide information to them. They refuse to do their own research. all you have to do is scroll up maybe 3 inches, and you will have the answer. and btw, I like how you ignored the part about the 1984 election. very classy.
young people do their research . You think too linearly which is kinda sad. The whole point about the major defeat is that he started off his government with a major high and went to a major low. That is why it is a major defeat. So before you go critical on others please learn to read between the lines.

They say in the states the more highly educated people tend to favor the democratic (more liberal) party. I'm starting to understand it now.
Old 04-16-2011 at 02:56 PM   #41
Misspolitics

[quote=thedog123123;23 4394]young people do their research . You think too linearly which is kinda sad. The whole point about the major defeat is that he started off his government with a major high and went to a major low. That is why it is a major defeat. So before you go critical on others please learn to read between the lines.

They say in the states the more highly educated people tend to favor the democratic (more liberal) party. I'm starting to understand it now.[/

Ha.that's why people show up to rallies with "impress me" signs. This is real immature. The politicians have to do what's best for canada. Majority rules. Another thing I find amusing is that if the liberals are voted in, only students in highschool who intend to go university will get money, so in the end our increased taxes, as a result will go to pay for it.
Old 04-16-2011 at 03:07 PM   #42
mike_302
Elite Member

[quote=Misspolitics;23 4399]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
young people do their research . You think too linearly which is kinda sad. The whole point about the major defeat is that he started off his government with a major high and went to a major low. That is why it is a major defeat. So before you go critical on others please learn to read between the lines.

They say in the states the more highly educated people tend to favor the democratic (more liberal) party. I'm starting to understand it now.[/

Ha.that's why people show up to rallies with "impress me" signs. This is real immature. The politicians have to do what's best for canada. Majority rules. Another thing I find amusing is that if the liberals are voted in, only students in highschool who intend to go university will get money, so in the end our increased taxes, as a result will go to pay for it.
You should also check it out: Every Conservative campaign promise has a stipulation behind it: "This will happen when the budget is balanced in 2014."

Harper's the one that states these things... His rationale sort of even makes sense: He's refraining from promising huge numbers anywhere until the Conservatives can balance the budget. Do I think they are going to be the ones to balance the budget? Not in a manner that makes us happy.
Old 04-16-2011 at 05:21 PM   #43
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

[quote=Misspolitics;23 4399]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post

I'am sorry what?

" only students in highschool who intend to go university will get money" - this implies none else in Canada gets money except for high school students going to university

", so in the end our increased taxes, as a result will go to pay for it". makes no sense But I think you are trying to say taxes go up if the liberals go into power because the liberals will put money towards students. As a student I'm a little shocked. The reason why the government spends a lot of money on students going to univeristy is because it is a long term investment. They are hoping that some of the pople that had a easier time going to univeristy will end up making huge contributions to the country in a scientific, industrial and economic way
Old 04-16-2011 at 07:04 PM   #44
Misspolitics

[quote=thedog123123;23 4411]
Quote:

I'am sorry what?

" only students in highschool who intend to go university will get money" - this implies none else in Canada gets money except for high school students going to university

", so in the end our increased taxes, as a result will go to pay for it". makes no sense But I think you are trying to say taxes go up if the liberals go into power because the liberals will put money towards students. As a student I'm a little shocked. The reason why the government spends a lot of money on students going to univeristy is because it is a long term investment. They are hoping that some of the pople that had a easier time going to univeristy will end up making huge contributions to the country in a scientific, industrial and economic way
Wouldn't you agree that there are better investment options? A student who might drop out in first year,second year, etc. is not a very reliable way to invest and get your investment back.
Old 04-16-2011 at 07:41 PM   #45
mike_302
Elite Member

You just opened a can of worms with every single OSAP-funded student here, which, unless you're a (pardon my language) prude, means a good portion of your friends.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Given your lack of comprehension for the cost of tuition, I'd say you fit in the "ignorant" category. Or else just AWFUL with numbers.