Take Stats 2B03 AND Stats 1CC3? kumquat Academics 7 06-23-2009 10:20 AM
STATS 2B03 vs STATS 2D03 jhan523 Academics 2 06-13-2009 12:53 AM

Differences in Earth 3MB3 and Stats 2B03

Old 01-05-2016 at 10:34 AM   #1
HerHighness

Liked: 4 Times

Differences in Earth 3MB3 and Stats 2B03
Hey guys,

I'm wondering if any earth science students can give me some advice as to whether it's better to take stats 2B03 or earth 3MB3 for someone in Honours Earth and Environmental Science and completing their APGO certification. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank-you!
Old 01-05-2016 at 03:42 PM   #2
VitaSoy

Liked: 9 Times

I would recommend that you take 3MB3. Don't think it's daunting because it's a 3rd year course. It used to be 2MB3, but it was bumped up for various reasons. Earth Sc/Envir Sc/Geog 3MB3 will be more relevant for anyone that's in SGES.

I'm sure both courses go over basic stats (e.g. regressions). Whereas Stats 2B03 may teach you about ANOVA and whatnot, 3MB3 is meant to teach you statistical analyses used our field (e.g. spatial analyses using our beloved ArcGIS).

I believe there were some assignments that let you pick the dataset you wanted to work with relevant to your specific program: geography, enviro sci, or earth sci.