MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Choosing Professors Jason036 Academics 9 08-08-2010 02:16 PM
French Professors ?? help ! :) blurt. Academics 2 06-30-2010 12:53 PM
want to know why professors don't teach? AnguishedEnd General Discussion 11 09-23-2009 08:07 PM
Advice on Professors dchan28 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 06-28-2009 08:20 PM
Professors... Nino First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-12-2008 12:01 AM

Different Professors

Old 06-12-2008 at 09:45 AM   #1
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Different Professors
hey I just wanted to get current student's opinions on the professors I am suppose to be getting next year, just to get an idea of what they are like. These are the ones I know so far: Lozinski, Joshi, Moore, Gough, and Preston.
Old 06-14-2008 at 10:43 AM   #2
Raeann89

Liked: 4 Times

I took English 1C06 last year with Gough and it was absolutely brutal! The works were mostly all based on issues about women throughout history (she's also a woman's studies prof...) and the readings were exhausting. There were about 5 or 6 essays in total and it was almost impossible for me to get above 70 even though I got straight A's in every other course I took. I wanted to get into English before taking that course.... Aside from the negative, however, she is an excellent lecturer and is clearly passionate about what she teaches. She definitely makes you think in ways you never would have before.

Hope this helps!

Rae
Old 06-14-2008 at 11:57 AM   #3
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

oh ok a bit scared now but thanks actually I have her for women's studies so I don't know if that makes a difference...
Old 06-14-2008 at 10:50 PM   #4
Raeann89

Liked: 4 Times

Oh! Well then you should be set I guess. I hope I didn't completely discourage you - she is an inspiring prof, but I just found that she had very high expectations, and the workload can be a bit much at times, but I am glad that I took that course - in spite of myself lol. She is definitely very passionate about woman's issues so I can only imagine that she would be a wonderful woman studies prof.