MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ING Direct Orange Key jesstc Student Deals & Discounts 0 03-17-2011 09:16 AM
Tiger Direct Top 50 deals + boxing day preview Chad Student Deals & Discounts 2 12-23-2010 12:15 PM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM

Direct Time Conflict !

Old 06-19-2011 at 07:42 PM   #1
oxelhs

Liked: 11 Times

Direct Time Conflict !
I was just clearing up my schedule and it appears 2nd term orgo and PSYCH 2NF3 are at the exact same time on the same days.... -_-

So should I just leave it as it is for now or do i need to drop one before SOLAR closes tonight? Also, do I need a full courseload for second year? Cause if I were to drop one of them I would only have 27 units seeing as there are no other electives available that I would like to take..

Right now, I'm thinking of dropping PSYCH 2NF3 and taking EARTH SCI 2WW3 which I heard is an easy elective just to smooth things out in second term but then I limit my third year PSYCH courses....any suggestions?

Last edited by oxelhs : 06-19-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-19-2011 at 08:14 PM   #2
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

You don't have to drop one by tonight. SOLAR re-opens for everyone on July 11 and you can change it then.

If you're planning on applying to med schools, you'll need a full courseload each year
Old 06-19-2011 at 09:19 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

You don't have to drop it now, you could wait until July 11th and do it then. Also, I recommend you take a full 30-unit course load. Otherwise, you'll have to take a course during the summer to be considered as "completed" second year and to be able to register for third year next summer.
Old 06-19-2011 at 09:28 PM   #4
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

If both are lectures, you should be fine. I was in the same situation last year. Skip two lectures of one course and one lecture of the other each week, it shouldn't be too bad.

There's two criteria I explicitly came up with to decide on which lecture I'd skip:

If you want to take both courses (i.e. you're interested in at least one of the subjects) then skip the one you enjoy more, so you'll enjoy catching up on your own time. I didn't do this myself, but it seems like good advice.

Personally, I find example-based lectures to be a waste of time (mostly), so I skipped the course that was example-based and attended the lectures for the more theoretical course. This directly contradicted my first criterion, though, which is why I didn't follow it...

That's why I used 'came up with' above. I didn't actually apply both criteria, although I think they'd be pretty useful if applied.

Old 06-19-2011 at 09:32 PM   #5
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Don't skip any, just drop Psych 2NF3 and take some other course that won't conflict. Take Psych 2C03 ?

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine