MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a part time or full time job killza Volunteering Opportunities 1 06-24-2010 02:05 PM
Full time student John H Academics 7 01-13-2010 01:50 PM
am i full time or part time????? macculkin General Discussion 9 09-14-2009 10:09 PM
Full-time student Matthew K Academics 17 07-14-2009 11:05 AM
Full time student.... sarah1111 Academics 4 06-21-2009 06:18 PM

HSR bus pass -full time /part time student

Old 04-18-2009 at 06:52 PM   #1
macculkin

Liked: 5 Times

HSR bus pass -full time /part time student
I was just wondering how many courses you have to take to be considered a full time student and have the bus pass included in the tuition fees. I'm taking 4 courses in the spring/summer session and then 6 in the fall/winter session. will i be getting the bus pass sticker for fall/winter??

thanks!
Old 04-18-2009 at 07:26 PM   #2
myster

Liked: 10 Times

You're considered a FT student when you have 60% or more of your faculty's normal full course load. 6 courses is 18 units i believe. So that's 60% of a full course load for faculties with 30 units. However, that's not enough for a few others (like science and engineering, I think?)

4 courses in the summer is considered full-time but students don't get the HSR pass in the summer anyways regardless.

macculkin says thanks to myster for this post.
Old 04-18-2009 at 10:45 PM   #3
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Oh man, that's lame. I'm going to be working everyday in the summer, that's a lot of busfare man. Do we get discounts on monthly HSR passes at least?
Old 04-18-2009 at 11:37 PM   #4
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by myster View Post
You're considered a FT student when you have 60% or more of your faculty's normal full course load. 6 courses is 18 units i believe. So that's 60% of a full course load for faculties with 30 units. However, that's not enough for a few others (like science and engineering, I think?)

4 courses in the summer is considered full-time but students don't get the HSR pass in the summer anyways regardless.
I thought that there was a sticker you could apply for summer schooling and use of the HSR? I know I've heard this from at least a few different people, though I'm not sure about the validity.
Old 04-18-2009 at 11:59 PM   #5
myster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyK View Post
I thought that there was a sticker you could apply for summer schooling and use of the HSR? I know I've heard this from at least a few different people, though I'm not sure about the validity.
The sticker you get for the summer does not come with a HSR tag.. (at least not for undergrads)

Grad students are a different story (as they get the HSR benefit year round..) since they're not part of the MSU.. they're part of the grad association or something like that which has their own deal with HSR.

Last edited by myster : 04-19-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-19-2009 at 12:20 AM   #6
myster

Quote:
Originally Posted by myster View Post
The sticker you get for the summer does not come with a HSR tag.. (at least not for undergrads)

Grad students are a different story (as they get the HSR benefit year round..) since they're not part of the MSU.. they're part of the grad association or something like that which has their own deal with HSR.
... and here's the link:

https://www.msumcmaster.ca/services/hsr/faq.htm
Old 04-19-2009 at 08:52 AM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Compass is currently looking into the possibility of a four month pass, as it has been in talks for quite some time. If this does occur for this year, there will be signage at Compass.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 04-20-2009 at 02:32 PM   #8
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Is our current Upass good until the end of April? And can you purchase normal HSR bus passes at Compass?
Old 04-20-2009 at 03:55 PM   #9
Chris L

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachill View Post
Is our current Upass good until the end of April? And can you purchase normal HSR bus passes at Compass?
Yup, your pass is good until the last day of April. Not sure if Compass sells passes tho.
Old 04-20-2009 at 06:45 PM   #10
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Yes, Compass does sell normal monthly HSR passes. However, you have to purchase the adult one (student passes are only for high school students), which costs $79.00.