MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a part time or full time job killza Volunteering Opportunities 1 06-24-2010 02:05 PM
Full time student John H Academics 7 01-13-2010 01:50 PM
am i full time or part time????? macculkin General Discussion 9 09-14-2009 10:09 PM
Full-time student Matthew K Academics 17 07-14-2009 11:05 AM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM

Full time student....

Old 06-21-2009 at 12:02 PM   #1
sarah1111

Liked: 0 Times

Full time student....
Hey all,
Okay so I have a question...
This summer to be eligible for OSAP in summer school I took french 2M06 for the whole spring and summer, peace studies 1A03 in the spring and religious studies 2QQ3 in the summer session....a total of twelve units...
I'm going into level 2 honours english (might be combining it with french)....how many units do I need in the next school year to be considered full time?
Thanks for all your help in advance!
Old 06-21-2009 at 12:06 PM   #2
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

I believe you'll still need 30 units to be considered a full-time student... I don't think any summer units will contribute to your status in the 2009-2010 year. Although, I could be wrong.
Old 06-21-2009 at 12:29 PM   #3
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

To be considered a full-time student by the MSU (to get the health plan, bus pass etc) you need to take at least 21 units.

By the end of the summer you will have completed 42/120 units you need to complete an Honours degree.

I would suggest using some of the credits you have/are completing over the summer and applying them to your fourth year, rather than your second. Fourth year sucks in general, and the fourth year English seminars are quite hell-ish.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-21-2009 at 01:53 PM   #4
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

It's **18 units** to be considered full-time in the MSU's eyes but it's 24 units through the university.
Old 06-21-2009 at 06:18 PM   #5
Nicole

Liked: 2 Times

Yep it is 24 units to be considered a full time student. Which is annoying for me since I am at 23 unit, so I have to take an extra course to be a full time student.