MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a part time or full time job killza Volunteering Opportunities 1 06-24-2010 02:05 PM
am i full time or part time????? macculkin General Discussion 9 09-14-2009 10:09 PM
Full-time student Matthew K Academics 17 07-14-2009 11:05 AM
Full time student.... sarah1111 Academics 4 06-21-2009 06:18 PM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM

Full time student

Old 01-12-2010 at 03:23 PM   #1
John H

Liked: 21 Times

Full time student
How many units must you be taking to be considered a full time student by McMaster. I think it's 24, can anyone confirm/deny this? I'm wondering because I want to drop one of my electives and take it during summer school to lighten the load a bit.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-12-2010 at 03:59 PM   #2
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H View Post
How many units must you be taking to be considered a full time student by McMaster. I think it's 24, can anyone confirm/deny this? I'm wondering because I want to drop one of my electives and take it during summer school to lighten the load a bit.

Thanks in advance!
Yep, at least 24 credits makes you full-time.

John H says thanks to _Luu_ for this post.
Old 01-12-2010 at 04:21 PM   #3
John H

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
Yep, at least 24 credits makes you full-time.
Thanks!
Old 01-13-2010 at 12:52 PM   #4
nemo123

Liked: 0 Times

I was wondering what do Med schools consider as full time?

Is it still 24? or do they want 30 units?

thanks!
Old 01-13-2010 at 01:32 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo123 View Post
I was wondering what do Med schools consider as full time?

Is it still 24? or do they want 30 units?

thanks!
I believe Med Schools are looking for you to take a full course load, not just full time. That would be 30 credits a year if you are in a 120credit program.
Old 01-13-2010 at 01:37 PM   #6
Daman K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I believe Med Schools are looking for you to take a full course load, not just full time. That would be 30 credits a year if you are in a 120credit program.
What about Graduate Schools?
Old 01-13-2010 at 01:41 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daman K View Post
What about Graduate Schools?
You would have to check with the Graduate Schools. Most of the time it's not required but HIGHLY recommended. If you can't take the course load of undergrad then it's going to be VERY difficult to cope with the course load of graduate school, same thing goes for professional schools.
Old 01-13-2010 at 01:50 PM   #8
Daman K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
You would have to check with the Graduate Schools. Most of the time it's not required but HIGHLY recommended. If you can't take the course load of undergrad then it's going to be VERY difficult to cope with the course load of graduate school, same thing goes for professional schools.
Well in my case, I checked the Admissions Criteria for getting a Masters (M. Sc.) and it said that you need a Bachelor's Degree in Comp Sci or equivalent with at least a B- average.

Last edited by Daman K : 01-13-2010 at 02:24 PM.