MacInsiders Logo
Old 09-02-2010 at 05:27 PM   #16
Buszaj

Liked: 125 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
First DJ nite at 1280 (I think) is tomorrow night. I'll be shadowing my coworker for lights and hopefully won't fail dismally; harsh critisism appreciated haha.

It'll be loads of fun! Don't worry, there won't be too much criticism .
Old 09-02-2010 at 05:28 PM   #17
Buszaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
So who wants to start a DJ club? :p
I heard that there used to be one or something. I wouldn't mind joining/starting one if there were enough people. I don't know exactly what we'd do though lol
Old 09-02-2010 at 06:19 PM   #18
sjager

Liked: 59 Times

I was talking about electro music in the other thread.

I DJ myself, here is my soundcloud.

I use a Numark V7 turntable controller with VirtualDJ, proper mappings installed (Serato ITCH is a piece of shit right now, can't wait until it improves...), and an Allen & Heath xone:62 6-channel mixer (2 mics, 4 lines).

Old 09-02-2010 at 11:50 PM   #19
rishibodalia

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buszaj View Post
I heard that there used to be one or something. I wouldn't mind joining/starting one if there were enough people. I don't know exactly what we'd do though lol
We can play some dj Hero LOL
Old 09-03-2010 at 12:03 AM   #20
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buszaj View Post
Just a regular meeting time for afficionados to make a beat, cut, scratch and transform. The beauty part is (since such a club would probably be rather small) we would only really need one or two sets to have a decent time.

I wouldn't even mind just meeting up to talk about interesting mash ups.

rishibodalia likes this.
Old 09-03-2010 at 01:23 AM   #21
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

I was just asking coz, a few years back some of my friends and I did kinda start a club called Trance at MAC where we hosted events and djs came out and the money we made off cover was donated to charities and stuff like that... also had trips to guv as well as bringing djs in to canada to play at our events..
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...65 298&ref=ts

now since we all finished at mac they renamed the club but its still really fun and same idea.. moreelectro and house

: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...6 4995&ref=ts
Old 09-03-2010 at 10:46 AM   #22
rishibodalia

Liked: 0 Times

Honestly I am so cool with the idea of a dj club. As for what we can do is listen to music, learn/improve your dj skills. And we can play dj hero. Love that game. Also if we are good we can hold events where the money goes to some kind of charity. We can have a battle of the djs. Lmao.
Old 09-03-2010 at 11:25 AM   #23
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

just join MEDM then! thats what we did!

rishibodalia likes this.
Old 09-03-2010 at 11:45 AM   #24
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

but y cant it b more diverse than trance/electric..
Old 09-03-2010 at 12:25 PM   #25
RichieX23

Liked: Liked 2 Times

yeahhh i dj with my cousin
spin and remix hip-hop/dancehall & reggae/soca mainly
Old 09-03-2010 at 02:02 PM   #26
Buszaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjager View Post
I was talking about electro music in the other thread.

I DJ myself, here is my soundcloud.

I use a Numark V7 turntable controller with VirtualDJ, proper mappings installed (Serato ITCH is a piece of shit right now, can't wait until it improves...), and an Allen & Heath xone:62 6-channel mixer (2 mics, 4 lines).

That's a sweet mixer. I've got a pair of CDJ 800 mk2's and a DJM 600. I hear that the filters on the A&H's are really good.

I'm down for DJ club, we could eventually try to throw events at 1280 catering to different genres. And I think that we'd have plenty of different types of music from aspiring DJ's at Mac.

rishibodalia likes this.
Old 09-14-2010
MIpolice
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-14-2010 at 02:47 PM   #27
MIpolice

Liked: 12 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
So who wants to start a DJ club? :p
im down.